before and after (sob sob)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• before and after (sob sob)

just a few pics of my temporarily off road baby... note i had to remove the bull bar and stand on a box just to get to the $$$$$$ bolts!!

also note the fact ive got four brand new tyres put on 1 day and 30 miles before the head went

also i find it very convenient that the rear 'estate' part of the surf fits all ther parts in nicely when doing your head change

and note that i havent got the $$$$$$ bottom pulley off yet and the timing belt cover etc is still on!
    also... just how hevy is the god damn head!!? i think i have 2 hernias and need a cartilage op in my knees from taking it off/ carrying it myself
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Woo Hoo!!

You've got pics!

That's two people I've helped this evening.

Comment

the picture of the engine in the boot should be censored.. brings back 'happy' memories... good luck with putting it all back!! ( if you think the heads heavy, wait till you torque the head bolts up when you put it back....)
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

yes i should thank bushwacker = for his kind assistance in getting these photos
        i ran out of plasters for my knuckles just undoing the damn head bolts too chillit . at least i got it off now and can plainly see where the heads cracked on no.4 i know some of these crack internally , also the air filter box is a very handy sized bolt and nut bin suspicous methinks!!

Comment

even more sus is the improvised puller you can make out of the aircon bracket... or is it the alternator bracket... anyway flippin handy, it was.
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

improvised puller? for what mate... cos if ya look in my other post i cant get the bottom pulley off to replace the t belt!! any ideas

Comment

have you got the nut undone on the bottom pulley? once thats loose, I use a couple of bolts to attach the bracket with the long slot in it over the top of the pulley bolt, then you undo the pulley nut some more, and it pops the pulley of its taper. or something like that..
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Torque to Autodata 4 Runner 'cos Surf spec aint tight enuf for us UK types, change yer water pump and T belt while you have the big softie in bits then sell.

Comment

Working...
                X