towbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• towbar

any ideas on a towbar design for my surf were spare wheel is underneath , were do i bolt on to , any help would be greatfull

Originally posted by kev surf
    any ideas on a towbar design for my surf were spare wheel is underneath , were do i bolt on to , any help would be greatfull
    kev, have a look here http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/towbar.htm
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

A good fabrication shop should be able to make something up for you. Then you could have it to your own design, tow points schakle hangers etc. Only problem is it wont be certified...

Comment

Towbars

Witter do one for a 1990-96 4-runner which fits and does not interfere with the spars wheel. Part no TW87A.
        Brian3315
        LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WORK FULLTIME

Comment

i bought a witter bar £102 inc vat,fitted myself only took 3 hours.no probs with the spare wheel

Comment

http://www.ankertowbars.co.uk/

give this company a ring. Surf towbars are £85.00

Fitted one last week- very sound.

Comment

I had a whitter fitted yesterday by my local centre... and I have one of those big stainless-steel exhausts and they managed to fit the towbar fine with a few minor adjustments. Cost me £300- with twin electrics all fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Flop
                I had a whitter fitted yesterday by my local centre... and I have one of those big stainless-steel exhausts and they managed to fit the towbar fine with a few minor adjustments. Cost me £300- with twin electrics all fitted.
                You've paid a lot mate....the Anker Towbar kit comes with brackets to move the exhaust across and the spare tyre wind down gear (if necessary). Fitted the bar myself and had the electrics done locally for £20.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                  You've paid a lot mate....the Anker Towbar kit comes with brackets to move the exhaust across and the spare tyre wind down gear (if necessary). Fitted the bar myself and had the electrics done locally for £20.
                  way to make him feel better Nev!

hehe, the 'bar I've borrowed of Craney fitted a treat, just ground about 13mm of the side of the end exhaust mount and bolted it back in.

the anker link is good, will ring them, then maybe Rob can have his bar back soon!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I know it was not cheap but I have spent 2 months trying to get a tow-bar to fit and find someone willing enough to make the adjustments needed and still guarantee the safety. So I am just glad that finally got it sorted.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Flop
                      I know it was not cheap but I have spent 2 months trying to get a tow-bar to fit and find someone willing enough to make the adjustments needed and still guarantee the safety. So I am just glad that finally got it sorted.
                      Fair play- you've got a mega exhaust hanging off the back there. One question- why is it the oppposite side to mine?
                      Last edited by laser_jock99; 11 September 2003, 23:05.

Comment

Fair play- you've got a mega exhaust hanging off the back there. One question- why is it the oppposite side to mine?
                        thats not the exhaust, its a rocket launcher
                        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                        [size=5][/size]
                        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

All 3rd gen exhausts (well diesel anyway) exit on the drivers side.
                          Maurice
                          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

tow bar

Originally posted by kev surf
                            Have a look at milner off road site they have a link to a towbar manufacture site and they have drawings of the tow bar or look on witter site they have the same complete bar cost me £200 fitted

Comment

Working...
                            X