A 1999 2nd Gen? Surely Not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PDR
    Look as though he has now accepted that it is a second gen.

Good man
    But he STILL has the year wrong !!! he now claims it's a 95, when we know it's a mid 94
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      But he STILL has the year wrong !!! he now claims it's a 95, when we know it's a mid 94
      How do we know it's 94 and not 95?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        How do we know it's 94 and not 95?
        see posts 2 & 3, and apply the reference number to the link in #2

Comment

see posts 2 & 3, and apply the reference number to the link in #2
          Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Wouldn't he just be able to look at the manufacture date on the seat belt or did I dream that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Wouldn't he just be able to look at the manufacture date on the seat belt or did I dream that?
            Providing they have not been replaced, or had the labels removed, then yes he can.

Comment

Check out his questions, then go here and you will see it was made around May/June 1994

Trev
              cool link trev. Just found out that my surf turned 14 this month, aww they grow up so fast lol
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

hehe, there's been a amendment.....

PLEASE NOTE - This vehicle is NOT a 1999 model. The DVLA have made a mistake although they are still willing to issue a 'T' plate for the vehicle. Please note that the vehicle is as described bar two things, it is a 1995 model NOT a 1999 model and having been away for the weekend the mileage now stands at 159,000. All bids from this time onwards are taken as being for a 1995 model. The current high bidder states that they are happy to proceed on this basis and their bid stands. Ladies and Gents, apologies for the confusion. This item was listed in good faith, however, the DVLA had made a mistake on the paperwork. The item is mint and whoever wins this vehicle will not be disappointed happy bidding, and good luck. Kind Regards, Gareth.
                I sent him a note yesterday with the facts and not being an arse, and got a sensible reply back, I'm willing to believe it was a genuine error, althoguh he must have had an uneasy feeling because of the way the orginal ad made such a point of the year.

Personally I'd want DVLA to put it right, if theres any new car emissions rubbish that is thrown at us in the future, I wouldn't want to be trying to get a 94' 2nd gen car to meet 99' 3rd gen Surfs emissions specs.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                X