A 1999 2nd Gen? Surely Not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 1999 2nd Gen? Surely Not!

Just saw this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Hilux-S...QQcmdZViewItem.

The guy is adamant that it is a 1999 model and will go on a 'T' plate!

A few people have queried his information and he repeatedly claims that his info is correct, even stating that the DVLA have confirmed that it was first registered in 1999 and was imported into the UK in 2003.

Somebody is going to get a surprise.

Looked back over the last few days to see if this was already a topic as I've been to not so sunny Palma Nova for a week, so apologies if I've duplicated it.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Check out his questions, then go here and you will see it was made around May/June 1994

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Yeah - the EPC agrees that it was made May '94. Don't you think he would have guessed something was wrong by now?
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Feel like asking him a question and seeing if he disagrees with the EPC
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

just emailed telling him he, and DVLA if what he put is true, are wrong. i'll see if he replies
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

I saw a V reg 3rd gen the other day. That's the newest I've ever seen. Was a nice gold colour too...

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
              Check out his questions, then go here and you will see it was made around May/June 1994

Trev
              I wonder if DVLA have mistaken a 4 for a 9 on the original date of manufacture? I think this guy is deluding himself actually, I like his description of 'the vechile carries a private reg', yeah, an 'L' (94) plate no doubt! I also love his 'check my 100% feedback', none of which are as a seller.

I think if someone pays way over the odds believing they are buying a 1999 truck, then find out the truth, he could be in big trouble!

Comment

I just sent the guy a mail, as we dont know, concider that he could have been caught by whoever sold it to him! I have suggested he looks on here or takes independant advice - it could be he honestly believes what he has been told, he has my sympathy unless he is trying to catch people. If that is the case I hope he gets all that is coming to him, hopefully anyone buying it has a basic knowledge of the surf!!
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                  I just sent the guy a mail, as we dont know, concider that he could have been caught by whoever sold it to him! I have suggested he looks on here or takes independant advice - it could be he honestly believes what he has been told, he has my sympathy unless he is trying to catch people. If that is the case I hope he gets all that is coming to him, hopefully anyone buying it has a basic knowledge of the surf!!
                  Yep, I suppose you're right there. We all have the benifit of this site to tell us the rights from wrongs. I was lucky enough to do a bit of ground work on here before I bought my Surf otherwise I would have been none the wiser.

If this guy is genuine then I offer my unreserved apologies, it's just that like most people I've been burned before when buying second hand cars so I tend to take a pessimistic view of descriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                    it's just that like most people I've been burned before when buying second hand cars so I tend to take a pessimistic view of descriptions.
                    you and me both, hope he has taken a peek on here and it helps and he is genuine.....if not - hope his eyeballs turn square and fester at the corners
                    Tony

Comment

Mine is a 1999 3rd GEN SURF. FACT
                      Obviously he's been mis- informed.1999 :
                      Halfway through the third generation, the 4Runner receives a number of upgrades this year.

New exterior features include a front bumper and valence redesign, new grille treatment, multi-reflector headlamps with an auto-off function, optional projector type integrated fog lamps, new 5-spoke aluminum wheel design for the Limited and Highlander and a few new paint colors.

1999 models feature special UV protection-treated glass on the windshield and front- and rear-door windows, as well as water-repellant glass on the front door and rear window. Inside new features include a new center console/cupholder design improves beverage-carrying capacity, an overhead console with garage door/sunglass holder, two power outlets in the center cluster and an LCD odometer with digital dual trip meters.

A new storage location has been integrated into the rear seats for the headrests when the rear seats are folded forward for additional cargo space. A rear quarter-panel storage area also has been integrated into all 1999 4Runners. SR5 grades now feature as standard heated outside mirrors, cruise control and , built-in map lights in the overhead console .

An option on the SR5 model called the "Highlander" sport package includes color-keyed bumpers with projector fog lamps, fender flares, hood scoop and the newly redesigned Limited 16" 5-spoke aluminum wheels.

4Runner Limited grades receive built-in projector fog lamps, a fully-automatic air conditioner with a digital heater control panel, front power windows with one-touch auto-up/down functions and jam protection (optional in SR5 and 4Runner grades), keyless entry with back window remote and an anti-theft system with engine immobilizer (optional on SR5 and base models).

For 1999, 4Runner Limited models receive a new multi-mode 4WD system as standard. The new multi-mode 4WD feature is actually a full-time all-wheel-drive system with 2WD capability. The all-wheel 4WD mode may be used in normal driving conditions on all types of roads from dry, hard surface roads, such as pavement, to wet, icy or snow-covered roads. Driving with the new multi-mode's all-wheel drive system engaged provides the driver with a more controlled, sure-footed feel to the road because power is applied evenly to all four wheels thus improving traction. To switch from 2WD to the all-wheel 4WD mode, simply reduce the vehicle's speed to less than 62 mph and push in the One-Touch "4WD" button located on the front drive control lever knob (on the transfer case the all-wheel 4WD mode is indicated as "H4"). Returning to the 2WD mode is just as easy, depress the "4WD" button once more and the vehicle is again operating in 2WD.

Off-road enthusiasts will continue to find improved low-traction performance available through a locking rear differential, optional on all four-wheel drive models (except SR5 models equipped with automatic transmission). Sporting a 4.3:1 differential gear ratio, this feature locks the rear wheels together while in low-4WD, forcing both wheels to turn together.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

"The reference number for the HPI check I conducted which also confirms that the YEAR OF MANUFACTURE is 1999 is as follows: KZN1309039264"

Just look at the number he has quoted in regard to a question:

KZN1309039264

If it was a 1999 model the number would have started KZN185

Drop down tail-gate is another give-away!!!!!!
                        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                          "The reference number for the HPI check I conducted which also confirms that the YEAR OF MANUFACTURE is 1999 is as follows: KZN1309039264"

Just look at the number he has quoted in regard to a question:

KZN1309039264

If it was a 1999 model the number would have started KZN185

Drop down tail-gate is another give-away!!!!!!
                          well it looks as though he hasn't answered anyone yet!
                          As I see it there are 3 options
                          1. ignore the issue as he is a tw@t
                          2. report the matter to eblag as false pretences
                          3. bid on the bugger with a high bid, then refuse to complete as it is a moody description (it would do the other bidders a favour too)
                          Last edited by fatfires; 25 March 2007, 22:29.
                          Tony

Comment

Look as though he has now accepted that it is a second gen.

Good man
                            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

HOORAY!
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X