Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
    Alice Cooper tickets arrived today!!
    Have a great night, saw him a while back in Bournemouth with Twisted Sister as support. Excellent night out
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      Very nice set up.

I fancy some 14" Zildjian A Custom Mastersound hats. How do you rate these??

Hmmm, never played them. there's a big difference hearing them & playing them. I can't recall who uses them? HiHats are very personal.

I like the 14" 2002 sound edge hats but in my wisdom went for the Sabian version instead (in hindsight I wish I bought the Paiste cymbals)
      The Sabian's are a little heavier and I've never really been 100% happy with the sound.
      (maybe I'll buy them when I've rebuilt the 4runner!)
      NO WORRIES!
      Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
        Hmmm, never played them. there's a big difference hearing them & playing them. I can't recall who uses them? HiHats are very personal.

I like the 14" 2002 sound edge hats but in my wisdom went for the Sabian version instead (in hindsight I wish I bought the Paiste cymbals)
        The Sabian's are a little heavier and I've never really been 100% happy with the sound.
        (maybe I'll buy them when I've rebuilt the 4runner!)

Yeah, I know what you mean. My hats are Sabians to. They are heavy and I don't like the sound too much. I like a crisp bright sound on hats. They are so blo*dy expensive though. I was going to replace them, but then my head went.

I could have bought a full DW set up for the money I spent on that fu*king truck. Gutted.

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick

....... we had Alex Harvey for a wee while and now we can enjoy Rammstein along with ACDC.

"

SAHB are still touring with the original line up (Except for Alex obviously !)

I saw them before Christmas at the Point in Cardiff - damned good night for £10 (The T shirt actually cost more than the gig !)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

SAHB are still touring with the original line up (Except for Alex obviously !)

I saw them before Christmas at the Point in Cardiff - damned good night for £10 (The T shirt actually cost more than the gig !)

I have heard they are still on the road Bob but never seen any tickets for sale yet deffo one to do and what a band for a tenner eh. Went to the Deep Purple concert a wee while back and they were as expected superb but tickets were expensive and the gits were on the stage for little more than one hour so no more rip off Purple for me, never missed any major ACDC gigs, if you get a chance to go see Rammstein do it, what a band and the stage show is awesome tickets should be twice the price.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
              Yeah, I know what you mean. My hats are Sabians to. They are heavy and I don't like the sound too much. I like a crisp bright sound on hats. They are so blo*dy expensive though. I was going to replace them, but then my head went.

I could have bought a full DW set up for the money I spent on that fu*king truck. Gutted.
              I think I'm going to trade my Sabian's in & get some 2002's.

I know what you mean about the truck!!!
              NO WORRIES!
              Rusty

Comment

Yep, count me in too...

See Quo the most, must be over 15 times since the mid 70's.

Seen... AC/DC, Motorhead, Hamsters to name a few.

What about Saxon?

Anyone remember them?
                Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Originally posted by Paff
                  Yep, count me in too...

See Quo the most, must be over 15 times since the mid 70's.

Seen... AC/DC, Motorhead, Hamsters to name a few.

What about Saxon?

Anyone remember them?
                  Quo dont count unless the bingo is out.

Nope never heard of Saxon or at least I cant remember them, mibbi age?

Anybody here remember the UK's best geetarist AKA Alvin Lee of Ten Years After or Ian Anderson the ugly hairy Tull flooterist frontman.....FFS remember when UK DID music??!

Comment

Anybody here remember the UK's best geetarist AKA Alvin Lee of Ten Years After or Ian Anderson the ugly hairy Tull flooterist frontman.....FFS remember when UK DID music??!
                    FFS did I say Alvin Lee best UK gutarist...................... ....... Sorry Angus, I aint worthy

Comment

I was telling my boys about Lee and TYA just last week - even found some clips on YouTube !

And as for Tull ....... I've seen some good bands in my time including Zep (Twice), Floyd, Zappa, Santana, Dylan but the best gig I ever saw was Tull at Wembley in 1973 - an absolutely brilliant night but it was panned by the critics.

In a slightly different vein I was at the first ever popular music event at Wembley stadium on 5th August 1972 (Saddo here even remembers the date !) the lineup included Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages, Gary Glitter (Thankfully beer canned off stage !), Bill Haley and the Comets (Surprisingly good), Jerry Lee Lewis (Excellent), Little Richard (Beer canned off for too much showboating and messing about) and ended with the best act of the day - Chuck Berry

All in all a memorable day and it only cost £3.50 !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

What about Saxon?

Anyone remember them?

I've still got their stuff on vinyl in the garage
                        (I've nothing to play it on now though.....)

They still get played on the radio.
                        Steve Wright played "747, Strangers in the night" last week
                        NO WORRIES!
                        Rusty

Comment

Come on!!!!!!!!!!

Someone must remember Saxon... wheels of steel & 747??

Sorry to correct you but Quo DO count... who else is still going today without a come back??

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                            [I]What about Saxon?

I've still got their stuff on vinyl in the garage
                            (I've nothing to play it on now though.....)

They still get played on the radio.
                            Steve Wright played "747, Strangers in the night" last week
                            Phew!!

Thought I'd be the only one

Yeah me too, got their albums on vinal AND I still have something to play them on

Wonder if I should transfer them to CD or MP3??

Thanks for backing me up

Comment

Phew!!

Yeah me too, got their albums on vinal AND I still have something to play them on

Thanks for backing me up

Hehe - it's nice to be old on occasion & have memories about "proper" music
                              NO WORRIES!
                              Rusty

Comment

Phew!!

Thanks for backing me up

Yeah, I know of saxon too. I can't remember if i have any on plastic though.

How about Def Leapord, and has anyone heard of a band called DIO, here is a sample of their work. http://streamos.rhino.com/wmedia/rhi...lcried_100.wax
                                Last edited by M35A2; 29 March 2007, 14:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X