Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux/4 runner and tax question?

Hi y'all!

I'm really trying to get a hilux, and I read somewhere that 4 runner is a hilux, but it's just a different name used often in North America. Are they the same? Just that i'm looking on ebay and they have a category for hilux, and a category for 4 runner. They look the same externally, but are they the same inside? If so, it gives me more options to buy from!

Also, I looked at the tax link that biglift gave, but don't know about emissions. Did the tax go up for a 2.4 td? If so, my wife might end my Hilux dreams right there!

Thanks for any help you can give! I hope soon to be a genuine, Hilux owning member of the forum!

Chris

get a hilux surf as opposed to the 4runner. the 4runners are english versions and the surf is import, so the surfs tend to be better condition (less rot etc) the old 4x4's aren't really affected by gordon browns tax rise. the tax for our surfs will rise by £5 each year, thats all.

think thats all correct. but i'm pi55ed as a fart right now, so could be talking more sh1te than usual!
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by veccy
      Hi y'all!

I'm really trying to get a hilux, and I read somewhere that 4 runner is a hilux, but it's just a different name used often in North America. Are they the same? Just that i'm looking on ebay and they have a category for hilux, and a category for 4 runner. They look the same externally, but are they the same inside? If so, it gives me more options to buy from!

Also, I looked at the tax link that biglift gave, but don't know about emissions. Did the tax go up for a 2.4 td? If so, my wife might end my Hilux dreams right there!

Thanks for any help you can give! I hope soon to be a genuine, Hilux owning member of the forum!

Chris

The 4runner was also sold in Britain in the early nineties, and is exactly the same vehicle as the Surf except that the Surf has more luxury electric gizmos.

The tax for 12 months is 180 quid or 99 quid for 6 months.

Comment

Thanks for your replies!

It's good to get the heads up on little differences between the two! Good news on the tax too! I was scared a stupid rise would push the hilux out of our financial reach, (bad enough about the average 27mpg I read about -don't know if that's acccurate for most surfs!)

I think a woo hoo is quite appropriate right now........................... .............................. ...........WOO HOO!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          The 4runner was also sold in Britain in the early nineties, and is exactly the same vehicle as the Surf except that the Surf has more luxury electric gizmos.

The tax for 12 months is 180 quid or 99 quid for 6 months.
          Which reminds me. The electric nose hair trimmer beard attachment was missing from my surf when I bought it. Anyone seen any on eBay or have one for sale?
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Which reminds me. The electric nose hair trimmer beard attachment was missing from my surf when I bought it. Anyone seen any on eBay or have one for sale?

Have you checked behind the passenger sunvisor?

Comment

Have you checked behind the passenger sunvisor?
              There's no room there. The 'quick boil' (pat pending) in cup coffee heater is stored there.

Comment

There's no room there. The 'quick boil' (pat pending) in cup coffee heater is stored there.

Under the rear seat?

Comment

Under the rear seat?
                  That thing for... winding up... the truck is there. The John... Bill... Bob... whatever it's called...

Comment

That thing for... winding up... the truck is there. The John... Bill... Bob... whatever it's called...

You mean Dave.

The Dave handle is under the other seat.

Comment

You mean Dave.

The Dave handle is under the other seat.
                      Thats the one. I was thinking of the Jack, but that fits in the left hand side thrust bearing manifold on wet days, which means I keep blowing the solenoid in the egg timer.

Comment

Originally posted by veccy
                        Hi y'all!

Chris

If you can stretch to a 3lt the mpg is about the same and less head worries ,oh and a bit more power

Oh and read this http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Hi i live in saltash, so if you find anything you like the look of i dont mind giving you some help (what help i can that is). There is alot of info on here about what to look for, but if you want some help in person give me a shout and if i am free we can sort something out!!

Oh and welcome to the nut house! The misses will change her mind when she gets to have a go in it, and tell you, you should of got one years ago!!!
                          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                          X