Cbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbs

hi what cb radios do u all use these days """ not seen one for 18 years, used to be on ssb. or now an again , the muppit chanels , s888t am i that p ed

Originally posted by joymic
    hi what cb radios do u all use these days """ not seen one for 18 years, used to be on ssb. or now an again , the muppit chanels , s888t am i that p ed
    I've got this:

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/cb_radio_pack-starter.htm

And bought a 2.5ft taller whip at Maplin the other week....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Try this link, Midland have always been pretty good.

http://www.lorrybits.com/index.php?o...alan-cb-radios
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

http://www.lorrybits.com/product_inf...8ff7b42488192b

i think this is the one i got, not had it long but seems ok
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

I went for a Midland 48 plus multi. It didn't work out of the box! Its been repaired by Alan UK (receipt and guarantee) and I got another one so its up for grabs with 6m of co-ax. Nice thing about this model is it will work all over EU and has the 40 uk and 40 EU bands for use in the UK, full scan, dual watch but best of all it has a din kit so it fits neatly below the stereo in the surf. Can post pics.

Its up for grabs for £70 if you are interested.

Dave

Comment

Cbs

thanks for the replys , but i was thinkin more on th lines of 400 channels . ssb ,usb, lsb, an so on, thats what i used to have years ago, a bit illegl but thats the funnnnn

Comment

I work with a guy who has all radio ham licenses and can talk all around the world with home setup.
              But anyway, im going for a Midland 98 for my Surf.
              Try the website below.

www.4x4cb.com

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
                I work with a guy who has all radio ham licenses and can talk all around the world with home setup.
                But anyway, im going for a Midland 98 for my Surf.
                Try the website below.

www.4x4cb.com
                I've gt the midland 98 in my surf (under the handbrake lever. Occasional skinned knuckles!)

SHHHHHHHHsh Don't tell everyone but the missus has an amstrad CB901 in hers
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

sh t bin on ebay just missed the rigg of all time (unicon 2830 )26 meg to 300 , never mind

Comment

Im gonna run my cb from the cigarette lighter, so i can take it out and use it in other vehicles.

Comment

thanks for the replys , but i was thinkin more on th lines of 400 channels . ssb ,usb, lsb, an so on, thats what i used to have years ago, a bit illegl but thats the funnnnn

Why not do the licence that way you dont have to worry about the knock on the door. And on top of that you have more frequency coverage than you can imagine...
                      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

tried that mark , about 10 years ago, but failed on the maths side, to old i think. am a spark by trade never thought i would fail ,, so back to the ilegal lol

Comment

tried that mark , about 10 years ago, but failed on the maths side, to old i think. am a spark by trade never thought i would fail ,, so back to the ilegal lol

Dont give up Its been made easier now 7 yr old kids are doing it....

You can now get a licence with a very basic course giving you 10 watts on all HF bands and most VHF/UHF bands with very little maths and theroy to deal with.....

www.rsgb.org and look for the foundation course...most clubs do a course to get you through and to boot you now get a licence for life with no renewal fees to worry about just an update on line every 5 yrs.....
                          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
                            Im gonna run my cb from the cigarette lighter, so i can take it out and use it in other vehicles.
                            Thats what I do - I darn't leave anything in my car round here - thats why i got a mag mount so i can take the aerial in too lol

Comment

Working...
                            X