yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone noticed the price of veg oil lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone noticed the price of veg oil lately?

Hi everyone, its been a long time since I posted last on this forum, but the last budget (proabably been done to death by now) combined with the latest trick by the combined cartel known collectively as the supermarkets has really got my back up.

Veg oil over the last 3/4 weeks has gone up from around the £1.59 per 3ltrs to £1.88 in Tescos and Adsa. Somerfield have the brass neck to go from £1.70 to £1.99!

Now even if the IR accept the stuff as biodiesel when you start adding 62.3p to 28.1p (biodiesel rate) you are now hitting the same cost as dino diesel in our area.

The budget has done nothing to increase the differential between dino and bio except extend the time the differential will be maintained.

Well thats it, the last return went back in 'NIL RETURN' and even if I'm accepted back as 'biodiesel producer' it will be 'NIL RETURN' until I can actually save money. Selfish you may consider, I'll not argue, but until someone actually proves they are actively encouraging the use of biofuels without taxing the legs off it I will not be using it.

Anyone seen any prices for the large 20lt containers from places such as Costco, last time I had a couple of those about a month ago it was £9.99 each.

Regards all

20 ltr drums have gone up to £10.50 here but not from a Costco. There is a company in Liverpool which sells the oil on to cash and carrys, just wondering if its worth asking them for a bulk buy price? May get it cheaper?
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

In that case, shall we all "chip" in & get a Tanker load ordered !!!!

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see when it's Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Tried the local Netto 65ppl ..........limited to max of 6 ltrs per customer!!!

What's going on there?
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
          20 ltr drums have gone up to £10.50 here but not from a Costco. There is a company in Liverpool which sells the oil on to cash and carrys, just wondering if its worth asking them for a bulk buy price? May get it cheaper?
          We tried buying 1000lts at a time from a bulk supplier, it was dearer than buying bottles from the supermarket.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            We tried buying 1000lts at a time from a bulk supplier, it was dearer than buying bottles from the supermarket.

Nice try Tony, Just goes to show how much Green Policy matters, obviously not as much a £££££$$$$$$$
            I noticed 2 garages up'd their Dino by 2p also............
            We're on our own again

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

got a 15ltr drum of what looks like Polish stuff from Tescos last night, cost £8.40 so 56p per ltr. Runs better than the tesco own brand stuff too
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

The tesco stuff in 15ltr containers is normally ktc and is soya oil and tesco 3ltr containers are now rubbish they have changed to round ones with a seal on top and a small hole that takes ages to drain.

Comment

Mrs sumo says never mind the price of veggie oil what about the price of FOOD, with 2 x teenagers it gets more expensive every day..
                  If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                  X