• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10012524

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
      Band G did not come in until 23rd March 2006, before that the banding system was started on March 1st 2001. So you have nothing to worry about.

My Mazda RX8 is in band G and I'm feeling a bit picked on! The trouble is no one knows I'm destroying the environment 'cos its not a 4x4.............. I was going to swap it for a tax free Band A car, small problem though.... DVLA website shows no cars in band A currently on sale in the UK! Wot a CON!

I have now decided, if I'm paying the tax anyway, I'll drive it more and get my monies worth!

I hate this government more every day.....and I hated them already in 97. Come the day of the revolution brother, there is a place on the wall...........

See thats the worse thing! no one would look at the mazda if there was a 4x4 parked next to it!!
      No disrespect to you mate!! the Mazda is a nice car and i dont blame you for owning one at all!! I think its unfair how we should be punished for wanting any thing with 4 wheels and more then a hamster for power!!

I think the Band A is a total joke!! Its almost like the government is willing to go to certain lengths but not all the way! Offering free road tax for a car that dont exist is just tw*tish!

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
        Sorry god.. I was going off what the DVLA informed me! Where you in court when I went.. No I didnt think you where.

I thought the idea of forums where for people to have their say, not to be shot down for telling their side of a story!

Rant over !
        First off I didnt shoot you down, Secondly if you read my post I did say please.
        Thirdly say all you want, thats what I was doing. What happened in your case is unfortunate, maybe you should have defended the case better especially if you took the time to go to court over such a matter.
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          See thats the worse thing! no one would look at the mazda if there was a 4x4 parked next to it!!
          No disrespect to you mate!! the Mazda is a nice car and i dont blame you for owning one at all!! I think its unfair how we should be punished for wanting any thing with 4 wheels and more then a hamster for power!!

I think the Band A is a total joke!! Its almost like the government is willing to go to certain lengths but not all the way! Offering free road tax for a car that dont exist is just tw*tish!
          Quite agree, my Surf is probably cleaner than the Mazda, but that is the one people comment on because of the sheer size of it. Trouble is that I never was very good at doing what I was told, the landy is getting a V8 after easter (after months of "preperation & planning") and when the Surf is finally up for changing I rather fancy a Landcruiser Amazon.

I look at this way, an extra £100 a year on tax, big deal, the same cost as 2 tanks of petrol and at 15-20 mpg I'm certainly no stranger to that. I'll make a deal, when I see ministers and prime ministers walking and turning up in knob cars then I'll do the same, until then bring on the global warming, when I'm a pensioner I wont need the heating on and I'll get all my money back I've paid out in extra tax!
          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            SORN is needed for ANY vehicle that is not taxed or s$$$$ped. import, or not. I have a bike here that is 1986, and it is SORN.
            Any vehicle that was (this is the important bit, pay attention....) taxed in the UK when the SORN rubbish came in to effect and then you let the tax expire has to be SORN'ed.

If it wasn't taxed but still registered in the UK before the SORN came it, they're not worried about.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X