Originally posted by welshsurf
    MY SURF WAS MANUFACTURED IN JAPAN IN 1996
    IT WAS FIRST REGISTERED IN UK 11/12/2001
    DO I FALL FOUL OF GORDENS £300/£400 BANDING AND IF SO
    THANKS ...WORRIED SURFER
    Its manufacture date
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

You should have said yes! People just dont read whats on the FORUM No group hug
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        Its manufacture date

Not true.. I was charged by the DVLA for not telling them of a 1991 Celica which was off the road. SORN rules say that its cars after 2004 registration and my car was regd in the UK in 2005. Charge still stood.. !
        -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
          Not true.. I was charged by the DVLA for not telling them of a 1991 Celica which was off the road. SORN rules say that its cars after 2004 registration and my car was regd in the UK in 2005. Charge still stood.. !

but thats a seperate issue.

The road tax revision is based on emissions which started in 2001.

Comment

i got fined £60 last year when my 2.4 was for sale in a garage showroom and forgot all about it till i had the letter thru.They said i could contest it but in the long run i would end up paying more,so i just paid the fine and the back tax of 6 weeks i think it was
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I had a 1988 Fiesta that still had to be registered SORN when it was off the road. SORN rules are nothing to do with taxation bands.
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I have a feeling we are all going to get caught out by this.. its just funny the way they said "cars registered after x date". Imports are first regd in this country long after they where fist made.. could be a loophole for Mr Brown here!!
                -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

I have a feeling we are all going to get caught out by this.. its just funny the way they said "cars registered after x date". Imports are first regd in this country long after they where fist made.. could be a loophole for Mr Brown here!!

Re: the import date, that's just for registration purposes.

Comment

They can not find a loop hole on this occasion because they do not have the manufacturers emmission data for our trucks
                    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

It's all in the legal speak, do the words actually say "First registerd" or " first registered in this country/ United Kingdom" a small omission is basically a legal loophole!
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Actually its 1998 It was introduced in 1998 for cars registered in 98 or after.
                        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pa...cc/arc0496.htm
                        Please try to get facts right when posting on forums
                        Last edited by Taliesins; 21 March 2007, 22:49.
                        Trust your Hound.

Comment

Just a thought but if gay Gordon keeps on uping the tax on post 2001 4x4's, won't that make our low tax oldies much more desirable (not that they aren't already) and therefore worth a bit more on the secondhand market. Perhaps they'll become the next "must have" classics.
                          Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins
                            Please try to get facts right when posting on forums
                            <pedant>

By definition, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a 'fact' wrong.

</pedant>

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X