No announcement yet.

Budget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I've got it right they're taking an extra £5 VED off us each year for the next three years ......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

So how does it work if it only vehicles registered after 2001 ? My surf was Origionaly registered in 1991, BUT .......in this country........it was 2004. So will they go for the 2004 one or wot ?
      !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

No tax change to biofuel

....And biofuels, which Mr Brown said helped fulfil the government's obligations on renewable fuels, would have their 20p a litre duty reduction extended to 2010, with the 40p a litre reduction for biogas extended to 2012....

i.e. the daft old bustard is not going to reduce or remove duty on biofuel. Thats SO short sighted. I wonder if the fuel companies have anything to do with that then?
        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
          So how does it work if it only vehicles registered after 2001 ? My surf was Origionaly registered in 1991, BUT .......in this country........it was 2004. So will they go for the 2004 one or wot ?
          I think from 2001 the car manufacturers have to give the government the emission figures for each car it produces and the tax bands are based on these figures. So any car truck van etc made before 2001 is exempt from the tax bands.
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster
            ....And biofuels, which Mr Brown said helped fulfil the government's obligations on renewable fuels, would have their 20p a litre duty reduction extended to 2010, with the 40p a litre reduction for biogas extended to 2012....

i.e. the daft old bustard is not going to reduce or remove duty on biofuel. Thats SO short sighted. I wonder if the fuel companies have anything to do with that then?
            Have noticed veg oil has gone up to 63p per litre in the supermarket.
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

makes me laugh about being green.....central government haven't met their own targets, and in effect some of the percentages have gone up and not down!
              Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

If I've got it right they're taking an extra £5 VED off us each year for the next three years ......

What nobody appears to have noticed is that PETROL cars in the new bands (from march 2001) have risen more than diesel as the chancellor has standardised the bands between petrol and diesel.

You want to see the long faces round here when I point out my "gas guzzler" has only gone up £5

The actual increases are as follows

Pre-graduated VED (the stuff we need to worry about)
                1549cc and below up £5
                Above 1549cc up £5

Graduated VED (cars registered after March 2001)

Alternative fuel Petrol Diesel
                Band A No change
                Band B Down £15 Down £5 Down £15
                Band C-E Up £5 Up £15 Up £5
                Band F Up £10 Up £15 Up £10
                Band G Up £85 Up £90 Up £85 (ouch)

Vehicles made prior to 2001 do not come with a type approval for CO2 emmissions so cannot be put into the graduated VED bands. It dosen't matter when it was first registered in the UK as they were previously used overseas.

I stand corrected over the income tax, it is correct that the rate of 10p will be abolished and not 20p (in my defence my boss was floating around at that time) (thanks to whoever pointed out my error!)
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                  Vehicles made prior to 2001 do not come with a type approval for CO2 emmissions so cannot be put into the graduated VED bands. It dosen't matter when it was first registered in the UK as they were previously used overseas.)
                  I just posted the follwing in another post...

Sorry to be a party pooper here but this isnt correct.

I was fined £80 for not telling the DVLA that my imported Celica was off the road. I told them that the car was made and regd in Japan in 1991 and that the rule applied to cars regd after 2004.
                  The DVLA told me that the car was first regd in the UK in 2005 so that it fell into this bracket and I had to pay the fine.

I think we could all end up paying more here depending on when the Surf was first regd etc
                  -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Just spoken to the DVLA and we only have to pay £5.00 per year extra.... I am so happy am going out in the truck to take the $$$$ out of x5 and range rover drivers
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                      Just spoken to the DVLA and we only have to pay £5.00 per year extra.... I am so happy am going out in the truck to take the $$$$ out of x5 and range rover drivers
                      Some Info:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10012524
                      !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
                        Have noticed veg oil has gone up to 63p per litre in the supermarket.
                        yup and with the "pour into the tank" 48.5p duty, that makes it 111.5p a ltr. thats more than optimax....
                        some flucking insentive...
                        i get mine for 49.5p at a cash n carry, that still makes it 98p a litre.

its clean, its renuable....what more do they want?

Comment

Originally posted by IIIrd
                          yup and with the "pour into the tank" 48.5p duty, that makes it 111.5p a ltr. thats more than optimax....
                          some flucking insentive...
                          i get mine for 49.5p at a cash n carry, that still makes it 98p a litre.

its clean, its renuable....what more do they want?
                          Like I said, they ain't interested in the environment, only in colecting taxes and lining their own pockets!!

Just like every other government!!
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by magnum
                            Shafted again.
                            Think we all should mass convoy to No10 in protest. Only prob with that is no one sticks together in this country,there ether to frightened of getting nicked or cant be arsed. Great Briton a democratic country, i should co co.

the last time i was down in london i had over 20k like minded pistol shooters with me and we got about 4 seconds on the news and a cat that could sing got five minutes. you are spot on we as a nation are so weak .
                            johnd
                            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                              I just posted the follwing in another post...

Sorry to be a party pooper here but this isnt correct.

I was fined £80 for not telling the DVLA that my imported Celica was off the road. I told them that the car was made and regd in Japan in 1991 and that the rule applied to cars regd after 2004.
                              The DVLA told me that the car was first regd in the UK in 2005 so that it fell into this bracket and I had to pay the fine.

I think we could all end up paying more here depending on when the Surf was first regd etc
                              I've seen the replies on the the other post, but just in case somebody misses this I've submitted the answer here as wel.

"Cars registered on or after 1 March 2001 based on CO2 emissions and fuel type.

Please note: These rates apply only to cars that have been type approved within category M1 of Annex II to Council Directive 70/156/EEC and which have been registered on the basis of a type approval certificate that shows its carbon dioxide emissions level in terms of grams per kilometre driven."

This was taken off the directgov website surf's cannot follow the above type approval because it will not be possible to determine the co2 and Toyota certainly would not either guess these or be able to assess it.

So unless Gordon find's a new way to rob, sorry tax us we will always be in the category "over 1500 cc"

Sorn is completely differant rules and relate to vehicles not been taxed rather than the taxation class
                              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                                I've seen the replies on the the other post, but just in case somebody misses this I've submitted the answer here as wel.

"Cars registered on or after 1 March 2001 based on CO2 emissions and fuel type.

Please note: These rates apply only to cars that have been type approved within category M1 of Annex II to Council Directive 70/156/EEC and which have been registered on the basis of a type approval certificate that shows its carbon dioxide emissions level in terms of grams per kilometre driven."

This was taken off the directgov website surf's cannot follow the above type approval because it will not be possible to determine the co2 and Toyota certainly would not either guess these or be able to assess it.

So unless Gordon find's a new way to rob, sorry tax us we will always be in the category "over 1500 cc"

Sorn is completely differant rules and relate to vehicles not been taxed rather than the taxation class
                                And heres the link. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10012524

If we weren't in a higher bracket before, then we won't be now. calm down every one!!!
                                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X