Stupid Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Question

I'm thinking this may be a stupid question, but I'm looking at having two sets of tyres, one for the road and one not for the road.

I was looking for hte easiest way to remove the wheel nuts, would an (cordless)electric drill be OK?

Any suggestions??
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Originally posted by onlynik
    I'm thinking this may be a stupid question, but I'm looking at having two sets of tyres, one for the road and one not for the road.

I was looking for hte easiest way to remove the wheel nuts, would an (cordless)electric drill be OK?

Any suggestions??
    a run of the mill electric drill will not be powerful to either remove the old nuts or tighten up the new ones.

You can get an electric wheel nut gun though

try this link http://www.airflow-uk.com/classic-car-covers.htm

Last edited by coolsv650; 21 March 2007, 14:21. Reason: Just found a link
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
      a run of the mill electric drill will not be powerful to either remove the old nuts or tighten up the new ones.

You can get an electric wheel nut gun though
      Like this, then?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290095637884

or this?

http://www.airflow-uk.com/classic-car-covers.htm
      There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Damn.... you beat me too it..... Yes like that though!
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Ive had one for a couple of years now i got it from the Caravan show in Manchester £25. Its called GOLIATH.
          P.S Dont buy a CLARKE one as they dont work i returned 3 before i got mine
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Saw a demonstration of them at a motorhome show last year and was very impressed, he tightened wheel nuts up with a long socket wrench (and got a member of the public to swing on it) and then undid them with the leccy one.
            Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

I posted a thread on here a while back (year or so) . I got a 12v impact gun with 3 sockets , ciggy adaptor from Woolworths £14 . Works great . I got Jon one and Sumo , I think . I done my suspension change with it also . Not sure if they still do sell them or not .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

It acts like an IMPACT DRIVER to undo stubborn nuts.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                  I posted a thread on here a while back (year or so) . I got a 12v impact gun with 3 sockets , ciggy adaptor from Woolworths £14 . Works great . I got Jon one and Sumo , I think . I done my suspension change with it also . Not sure if they still do sell them or not .

Can seem to find them on their website, that would have been nice

Comment

You might want to think about wheel spaces as well , I run two sets of tyres and it was fine untill one afternoon i was putting my road tyres back on and a front wheel stud snapped. Its not a bad job but had to get the parts etc....
                    If you have spacers and it happens you can then just remover the spacers and carry on on all six studs , Also its worth keeping a set of front and rear studs......Slightly off topic but useful info for running two sets
                    Last edited by Woodzie; 21 March 2007, 17:43.
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      You might want to think about wheel spaces as well , I run two sets of tyres and it was fine untill one afternoon i was putting my road tyres back on and a front wheel stud snapped. Its not a bad job but had to get the parts etc....
                      If you have spacers and it happens you can then just remover the spacers and carry on on all six studs , Also its worth keeping a set of frount and rear studs......Slightly off topic but useful info for running two sets

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                      X