Ball Joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Joint

The drive shaft on the front near side has two gators on it. The one nearest the engine not the one near the wheel has split and the joint is now begining to rattle. Anyone know what this joint is called, where I can get one or how difficult they are to change. I have been told I may have to change the whole shaft.
    Cheers Steve.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Originally posted by Phantom 18
    The drive shaft on the front near side has two gators on it. The one nearest the engine not the one near the wheel has split and the joint is now begining to rattle. Anyone know what this joint is called, where I can get one or how difficult they are to change. I have been told I may have to change the whole shaft.
    Cheers Steve.

It's the inboard CV joint.

It's part of the driveshaft so you'll need to replace the shaft, then re-fit your outer CV joint to it.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/cvjoints.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      It's the inboard CV joint.

It's part of the driveshaft so you'll need to replace the shaft, then re-fit your outer CV joint to it.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/cvjoints.htm
      Thanks Bushwacker good info from a fellow Welshman. I used to live near the noodle mines Abercarn if you know it.
      Steve.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18
        Thanks Bushwacker good info from a fellow Welshman. I used to live near the noodle mines Abercarn if you know it.
        Steve.

I'm in Llanfach!
        and i'm not Welsh, I'm Wenglish! been in Wales 18 years.

Comment

Replaced my shafts sometime ago.parts from toyota

was quote £200+ fo one part - for the full driveshaft £400+
          Gaz

Comment

Working...
          X