Brighter lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279
    Right soo, it actually seems everyone is talking about very similar circuits.

What i am planning to do is make up a connector to plug into the old plug on the back of the existing headlight, i have some new plugs so don't need to reuse these.

So to do this does it matter that the circuit is positive or negative switched? Surely i can feed two relays from the common on the existing plug, one for main beam one for dipped, and then the dipped / main... never mind i'll go see what happens when i do it and come back with some results and a diagram of what i done, and it'll probably be almost exactly the same as the original one at the start of the thread but laid out differently, i'm sure now everyone is talking about the same thing in different ways anyway.
    Youv'e got it.
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

This is my wiring diagram for one side, i missed the fuses out but i think they should go between battery+ and pin 30 on each relay. If someone could give it a quick glance over it'd be most appreciated. My plan is to just replicate this on t'other side.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        This is my wiring diagram for one side, i missed the fuses out but i think they should go between battery+ and pin 30 on each relay. If someone could give it a quick glance over it'd be most appreciated. My plan is to just replicate this on t'other side.
        Same as my plan, but I only used 2 relays where you will need 4, plus you need to fuse the power leads to the new plugs
        If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by rusty

Is the loom similar to what Andy had built 2 years ago? if I recall he was looking at charging around £40 for it...
          Hi mate, long time no see!

Yeah, Andy was years ahead of the game! He deserves a little more credit!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
            Same as my plan, but I only used 2 relays where you will need 4, plus you need to fuse the power leads to the new plugs
            Yeah once i'd looked at it and run the tester across the old circuit so i could see what was what it all made sense. It is identical to yours. I shoulda just copied that in the first place, lol, i have trouble translating it from paper to reality, so once i see what's what in real life it all clicks and makes sense.

Thanks for your help mate
            Last edited by nero279; 20 March 2007, 02:27.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Does anyone on here make these kits to sell? I could do with brighter lights but am clueless with electrics.

If someone has a simple swap out and plug in replacement I'm sure they could flog a few.

Simon

Comment

I'd say get in touch with AndyLaLa from the link on Page 3 and see if he's still doing them.

If not once i got mine up and running and neat and tidy i'll see how much it'd cost to build another one. If i could do it at a fair price and make a little bit on it i might be prepared to knock a few up.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Working...
                X