wooops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wooops.

oh bother.i think ive broke stein again.coming home from poole today i gave stein, a little bit of welly on the dual carriage way.ok i gave him a lot of welly.boy does this thing go like a steam train,you all know what its like the speed and noise of a highly tuned v8 very addictive and great fun,but i think i overdone it a bit.got home and i could smell that horrid burning oil smell.looked under the truck and there was oil pi$$ing out from under the engine.looked all around to try and find where it was coming from and its coming from the valley gasket ends.looks like ive blown the two rubber seals at either end of the valley gasket.so looks like another engine strip down,(well intake manifold anyway.) to replace the little critters.de-bugging stein is beggining to get a bit of a ritual.just glad it happened now and not on the way to wales.
    www.overfab.uk

Is that a long job?
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
      looked all around to try and find where it was coming from and its coming from the valley gasket ends.looks like ive blown the two rubber seals at either end of the valley gasket.
      Vatchman, I've worked for Land Rover for about 10 years now, the valley gasket has always been a week point on the V8.

Just in case you are not aware they made a modified valley gasket kit which consisted of a composite valley gasket, bigger end seals with wider end clamps to stop them leaking & as for the rocker covers they replaced the cork type gaskets with a rubber type with dowls to stop it being crushed when tightening the rocker covers down. The rocker cover bolts & the valley gasket bolts were also modified they had an intergrated washer on the valley bolts with a smear of lock tight.

I hope that might help. Regards Lewis

Comment

oh bother.i think ive broke stein again.coming home from poole today i gave stein, a little bit of welly on the dual carriage way.ok i gave him a lot of welly.boy does this thing go like a steam train,you all know what its like the speed and noise of a highly tuned v8 very addictive and great fun,but i think i overdone it a bit.got home and i could smell that horrid burning oil smell.looked under the truck and there was oil pi$$ing out from under the engine.looked all around to try and find where it was coming from and its coming from the valley gasket ends.looks like ive blown the two rubber seals at either end of the valley gasket.so looks like another engine strip down,(well intake manifold anyway.) to replace the little critters.de-bugging stein is beggining to get a bit of a ritual.just glad it happened now and not on the way to wales.
        im glad i aint got a v8 my right foot is so heavy
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
          Is that a long job?
          i hope not about a couple of hours.depends if the seals stay in place properly.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris
            Vatchman, I've worked for Land Rover for about 10 years now, the valley gasket has always been a week point on the V8.

Just in case you are not aware they made a modified valley gasket kit which consisted of a composite valley gasket, bigger end seals with wider end clamps to stop them leaking & as for the rocker covers they replaced the cork type gaskets with a rubber type with dowls to stop it being crushed when tightening the rocker covers down. The rocker cover bolts & the valley gasket bolts were also modified they had an intergrated washer on the valley bolts with a smear of lock tight.

I hope that might help. Regards Lewis
            yea cheers lewis i was aware i run with composite head gaskets but never bothered doing the valley gasket still got the tin one,so me thinks an upgrade is in motion.do the bigger end seals come as standard now or are they a special order part only.?
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
              im glad i aint got a v8 my right foot is so heavy
              god help us all dave if you ever got hold of a v8.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

i hope not about a couple of hours.depends if the seals stay in place properly.
                unless your me then god knows how long it'll take.by the time i've snapped the odd bolt off and then try to get them out and then repair the bodywork after i lose my rag for snapping the bolts
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

god help us all dave if you ever got hold of a v8.
                  hehe i'd have a few speeding tickets
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                    unless your me then god knows how long it'll take.by the time i've snapped the odd bolt off and then try to get them out and then repair the bodywork after i lose my rag for snapping the bolts
                    pmsl.you do make a dull moment hilarious.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

pmsl.you do make a dull moment hilarious.
                      i aim to please....

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                        i aim to please....
                        is that what you tell the wife richard.!!!
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

is that what you tell the wife richard.!!!
                          beats having a headache but i can't use that excuse with the pain killers i'm taking

Comment

yea cheers lewis i was aware i run with composite head gaskets but never bothered doing the valley gasket still got the tin one,so me thinks an upgrade is in motion.do the bigger end seals come as standard now or are they a special order part only.?
                            The end seals all supersede to the latest ones when you buy them from a Land Rover dealer.

You want 2 of part number ERR7283 & I would also fit the later clamps as they are wider & help seal better. The clamps are ERR7282.

Composite valley gasket ERR7306. I would also recommend the later bolts 10 x short & 2 x long I think they are LYG101440 & LYG101450 but check at the dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris
                              The end seals all supersede to the latest ones when you buy them from a Land Rover dealer.

You want 2 of part number ERR7283 & I would also fit the later clamps as they are wider & help seal better. The clamps are ERR7282.

Composite valley gasket ERR7306. I would also recommend the later bolts 10 x short & 2 x long I think they are LYG101440 & LYG101450 but check at the dealership.
                              cheers mate.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X