yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any self employed out there( tax people)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any self employed out there( tax people)

any of you guys cis4.
    what do you make of the new tax laws that are happening next month?

i am a joiner and have been told that as of april 5th, you have to show or look as if you are running your own buisiness. myself and my neighbour(partner) work for sub contractors, sometimes on a price but mostly on a hourly rate. but always lobour only.

we have been told that we need to invoice the suby on a weekly basis.
    and to vary the amount to make it look as if we are not getting an hourly rate.

open a buisiness account to get paid into.

draw up a contract as well.

o and dont forget TAX IS GOING UP 18% to 20%.

just wondering if any of you cis4 guys had any thoughts.

ps;; do you have to have a buisiness account to run a buisiness.

cheers scotty

learn to speak polish and work for cash only.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

feckin genius

why didnt i think of that

its no doubt the imagrants have something to do with it, to many people not paying tax and NI.

the gov want everyone to be books in.

cheers scotty

Comment

As usual it's an attempt to get the dodgy lot to get with the programme and pay tax etc. but it will only affect the legitimate workers, and make their life more complicated and expensive!
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

could'nt have put it better myself bob.

the harder you work the more you get shat apon.

"if you are honest you have nothing to worry about" aye right, tell a lot of bull and get away with murder

cheers scotty

Comment

self-employed

Hi Scotty,
            No, you dont legally need a business account to operate a business. I am using a LLoyds personal account and they have been trying everything to get me to open one. I keep telling them I cant afford their charges!
            On the invoicing issue- make sure you invoice base labour only as it sounds like you cannot off-set any material or running costs against this invoiced income.
            Cheers,
            Chris
            www.protealandscapes.co.uk
            Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Nope. You don't need a business account, (unless you want to be screwed with extra bank charges). My bank gave asking me to convert up as a bad job years ago. Also, tell them to sod off with the fake invoices. Bill them for what you actually charge them. As soon as you're self employed, you're liable for the backlash from any provable income and paperwork which can prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                any of you guys cis4.
                what do you make of the new tax laws that are happening next month?

i am a joiner and have been told that as of april 5th, you have to show or look as if you are running your own buisiness. myself and my neighbour(partner) work for sub contractors, sometimes on a price but mostly on a hourly rate. but always lobour only.

we have been told that we need to invoice the suby on a weekly basis.
                and to vary the amount to make it look as if we are not getting an hourly rate.

open a buisiness account to get paid into.

draw up a contract as well.

o and dont forget TAX IS GOING UP 18% to 20%.

just wondering if any of you cis4 guys had any thoughts.

ps;; do you have to have a buisiness account to run a buisiness.

cheers scotty
                Hello Mate I am self employed, you can invoice the company on a monthly basis at your hourly rate.
                You dont have to have a business account any bank account will do as long as you can seperate your earnings, remember banks make money from you if have a business account,
                the contact can just be terms and conditions on the back of your invioce or in a quotation letter.
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

i know construction is different, but why can't you work for labour only?

lorry drivers work for labour only... obviously i have to supply my own PPE, but they can't expect me to turn up in my own truck or fuel their truck!... there are owner drivers available for that stuff.

when i worked full time (self employed) for one bloke, the tax people said i couldn't work for him full time without being PAYE and to be self employed i had to be able to make a loss, i.e. have some expenses / overheads... so i started doing a little work for an agency once a month and claimed tax on travel costs and clothing etc.
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

can't you get an umbrella scheme for your job?... saves time and they do 90% of the paperwork for a small fee.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                    X