Fuel Consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Consumption

Hi,I am thinking about buying a J reg 2.4 Diesel just wondered what M.P.G I should be able to get.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by edward
    Hi,I am thinking about buying a J reg 2.4 Diesel just wondered what M.P.G I should be able to get.
    Thanks.
    hi edward welcome to the home of insane surfers..i was getting about 23-24 mpg from my old 2.4 but for the same sort of mpg why not get a 3.0l
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

It all depends on your driving style and what tyres you have fitted, but generally between 20 to 26 mpg.

Comment

I was getting about 22mpg before my bigger tyres and then new head, haven't had a chance to check it since coz now I have a leak from the fuel pump which puts mpg to about 18, but obviously thats due to the fuel leak.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I have a j reg 2.4 diesel and i get about 25 to the gallon out off her. I live in the forest of dean were there are lots off steep hills, non of it is flat but i still get that amount of fuel consumption out of her. O by the way welcome to the forum mate.

Comment

i have not worked out the mpg but since i put the big macho tyres on mrs t
            worked out i get 4.75 miles to the pound.. if thats any help
            colin

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy
              I have a j reg 2.4 diesel and i get about 25 to the gallon out off her. I live in the forest of dean were there are lots off steep hills, non of it is flat but i still get that amount of fuel consumption out of her. O by the way welcome to the forum mate.
              You have a 2.4?

I thought you had a proper one?!

Did you fix it BTW? What was wrong?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                You have a 2.4?

Did you fix it BTW? What was wrong?
                Dont now yet he hasn't got back to me yet, he has got a lot off work on at the mo , so i have to wait as he is my husbands cousin. He said if he can do it in the evenings i wont get such a big bill at the end so im happy to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  You have a 2.4?

Oh you mean the 3.0 V6 petrol then?

which does about 17mpg but is quicker than those stinky oilburners
                  Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Dont now yet he hasn't got back to me yet, he has got a lot off work on at the mo , so i have to wait as he is my husbands cousin. He said if he can do it in the evenings i wont get such a big bill at the end so im happy to wait.

Have you done the diagnostics check yet to see if there are any codes logged in the ECU?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Have you done the diagnostics check yet to see if there are any codes logged in the ECU?
                      Your talking to a woman now , do u really think i now what u r on about. I now quite a lot about engines for a woman but you,ve stumpt me there.

Comment

Your talking to a woman now , do u really think i now what u r on about. I now quite a lot about engines for a woman but you,ve stumpt me there.

hehehe!!

This shows you how to do it........
                        http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/codes/index.html

and this tells you what the codes mean for the diesel engined Surfs......

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/efifaultcodes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          hehehe!!

This shows you how to do it........
                          http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/codes/index.html

and this tells you what the codes mean for the diesel engined Surfs......

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/efifaultcodes.htm
                          Cheers hun for that i will take it to bed tonight and read it for a bit off light reading. Hopefully by morning i should now what to do . NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Forrest of Dean, Full of dinosaurs is`nt it??????

Comment

Originally posted by Monk67
                              Forrest of Dean, Full of dinosaurs is`nt it??????
                              Yes there always at the back door.

Comment

Working...
                              X