Determining lift size and hence tyre sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining lift size and hence tyre sizes

My 3rd Gen has had a lift as detemrined from previous post on here with a pic. How do i determine exactly what the amount of lift is and hence what size tyres I can fit?

Its a 1996 3rd Gen SSR-X with 16in rims

Once I know I can get some decent tyres on

Piccie below for reference if that helps at all

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

My 2.4 has a 4" lift looks about the same height. My 30ltr has a 2" suspension lift and a 1 1/2" body lift. That has 33" BF Goodridge MTs on which just catch the mud flaps slightly on full lock but it also has 1" wheel spacers on.
      Steve.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

you need to measure from the rim of the wheel to the uderside of the wheel arch and see what gap there is.
        How much of a gap is there between the chasis and the body so we know whether it has had a body lift done
        get these measurements then we can say if its been lifted and by how much
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks chaps - will measure up and let you know soon

Edit - Have measured to the underside of the wheel arch (it is indented about half way along). Measured to the deepest bit and it was 19 inches, to the shallowest it was 18" if that makes sense.

Where is the best place to measure the chassis/ body difference (I am not the most mechanically minded chap - OK following instructions though )
          Last edited by wickedandlazee; 15 March 2007, 18:07.

Comment

loof through the rear wheel arch and see how much of a gap there is between the chassis rail and body
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Looked under the rear arch - assume this is the gap you are talking about - measured it and its only half an inch- From this I assume it therefore has only had a suspension lift. From the measurements in my reply above does this equate to a 4" lift?

cheers

Comment

You have mail Stu
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

looks like richard has already contacted you, but judging by that it's got no body lift, so any lift is entirely suspension based.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Working...
                  X