ball joint studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball joint studs

I've just fitted a 2" suspension lift, while I was doing that I noticed that all four ball joints needed replacing due to the rubber falling to bits.
    I got the ball joints from roughtrax and fitted them straight away.
    Isn't the shield for the brake disc f****** sharp?
    The new top balljoints didn't come with studs so I re-used the old studs.
    While fitting them I sheared one and stretched another. I've replaced them with bolts as a temp. measure. What can I use perminantly and where can I get them, as the Toyota dealer said that the studs don't come seperatly to the ball joint?

Cheers

Originally posted by Long way 'round
    I've just fitted a 2" suspension lift, while I was doing that I noticed that all four ball joints needed replacing due to the rubber falling to bits.
    I got the ball joints from roughtrax and fitted them straight away.
    Isn't the shield for the brake disc f****** sharp?
    The new top balljoints didn't come with studs so I re-used the old studs.
    While fitting them I sheared one and stretched another. I've replaced them with bolts as a temp. measure. What can I use perminantly and where can I get them, as the Toyota dealer said that the studs don't come seperatly to the ball joint?

Cheers
    just replace with decent nuts and bolts.if you fit ball joint spacers you have to put longer bolts in so as long as they are strong then they should be ok
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round
      . What can I use perminantly and where can I get them, as the Toyota dealer said that the studs don't come seperatly to the ball joint?

Cheers
      Find your local industrial supplier - he'll be able to get you higher tensile bolts - just explain the application and they'll advise you.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Cheers Fellas

I was getting a little worried.

Comment

Working...
        X