yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An alternative for when the forums are down....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An alternative for when the forums are down....

Like most of us the withdrawl symptoms were setting in over the last few days whilst the site was awol, any clues yet as to what happened?

I thought I'd put up an alternative/temporary forum at www.hiluxsurf.eu for such occasions.

This is not in any way intended to be an alternative to these forums, as I do not wish to rival, dilute or in any way detract from these excellent forums, but on occasions such as we have just experienced I'll open up posting so that people still have a means of keeping in touch and hopefully getting a little help. Meanwhile feel free to register altough posting will not currently be permitted as thankfully the real forums are clearly back
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Hi Morr

Cool idea. Mot coming up and lots of help needed, went looking for the forum and it had gone ......... suddenly thought MUST PAY MY MEMBERSHIP!!

Comment

We are always told to back up our files, but never to back up our forum, nice idea ( no disrespect, but I hope we never need it) as you say its good to keep in touch.

When it went down, I thought it as my end, so I spent several hours checking and re-checking my settings,internet connection etc, and even tried several different computers to no avail.
      And then the panic set in. LOL.
      Last edited by plumb bob; 14 March 2007, 00:59.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

the probs with the forums were out of the admins control I beleive but a big thanks to them whoever ended up sorting it out!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Yes, a lot of work goes into keeping the site running, and lots more goes into fixing it when its broke, so well done all and many thanks.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I set up a dedicated site last year for when this place goes down, saves badgering others, its all gone quiet there again now, poor place only gets used it times of no-furom here......

http://com1.runboard.com/b4x4toys

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              I set up a dedicated site last year for when this place goes down, saves badgering others, its all gone quiet there again now, poor place only gets used it times of no-furom here......

Ahhh, I wasn't aware that there were already alternatives until I seen some of the posts on here after the site came back.
              So it seems that we now have 3 possible back-up meeting places, yours, buchan.org and mine.
              As there's hardly a need for 3 and I was last in to try, I'll likely take mine down. Perhaps we should all agree on a single semi-official alternative for futher eventualities.
              Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Theres no BAR
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

i tried the quiz on www.hiluxsurf.eu. failed only got 42% i must try
                  harder
                  colin

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                    As there's hardly a need for 3 and I was last in to try, I'll likely take mine down. Perhaps we should all agree on a single semi-official alternative for futher eventualities.
                    Probably better to leave them all running, and have links on each one to the others as well. It's easier to find one of three than just one of one. Gives a bit more choice.

Comment

Originally posted by colin timney
                      i tried the quiz on www.hiluxsurf.eu. failed only got 42% i must try
                      harder
                      colin

got 85% and would have had more if Question 12 I think was correct
                      It states the red button when Ignition is off twice so I picked the last one and i bet its meant to say when the ignition is on! so I was wrong due to incorrect questions
                      Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                        got 85% and would have had more if Question 12 I think was correct
                        It states the red button when Ignition is off twice so I picked the last one and i bet its meant to say when the ignition is on! so I was wrong due to incorrect questions
                        Err, sorry, that answer should only have been listed once of course, and it was the first one that was deemed correct, so you should indeed have scored higher. I've now removed the extra one.

BTW, if you continue to press next after getting your score, the correct answers will be shown.
                        Maurice

Comment

Working...
                        X