First attempt at some water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempt at some water

Was driving back from a pub last night when i saw the sign - road closed flood. Well that was a tempatation lol. This is a clip from my first drive through some fairly deep water.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...t=MOV00005.flv

Went through it again tonight and it came up to the doors - a little damp where the seals weren't too clever but otherwise very impressed. Made a nice bow wave in front of the wagon - shame i didn't video it.

These surfs sure do put an inane grin on ya face Gotta be the most enjoyable drive I've ever had

did you not get your hairdressers kit damp?, check theres not water in your curling tongs before you plug them in

only joe king

looks like a lot of water there mate, was it an underpass?
    The benchmark....

Comment

oooh!!! THATS how its done!
      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Looks excellent. Where abouts did the doors leak and how bad?
        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster
          oooh!!! THATS how its done!

live and you learn. just like falling off a horse go back out and do it again!!!!

only slower!!!
          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by ABE
            Looks excellent. Where abouts did the doors leak and how bad?
            It was only a little around the bottom of the passenger doors. The drivers doors didn't leak a bit.

Originally posted by huff_diggler
            looks like a lot of water there mate, was it an underpass??
            Yeah sure was -under the A50 near derby not far from the Trent which had burst its banks

Comment

Shoulda bought a 2nd gen, they don't leak till you been sitting in it for 10 minutes, working out how you gonna get out when a 12000lb winch won't move you.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

guess who?

www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Ohsupremebeing....

Comment

After seeing that lot I am not worried at all about the leak I had

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                      Shoulda bought a 2nd gen, they don't leak till you been sitting in it for 10 minutes, working out how you gonna get out when a 12000lb winch won't move you.
                      Ectoplasm, Curry sauce or Radioactive waste.
                      It looks ill whatever it is.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by nero279

I thought it looked like baby poo!!! hope it did not smell and this nice sunny weather has dried it out!
                        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

So much for nice sunny weather, that was last weekend and it rained virtually all week here, it may well have been a combination of sheep, cow, landy and suzuki poo as it was on a well used byway, and it stunk something rotten!

All the seats came out, the boot carpet came out, the rest of it got a good carpet shampoo. I put the drivers seat back in on thursday when it had almost dried out and the passenger seat went back in sunday. The rear seats may be dry now.

The boot was a good 4-5 inches deep in it, but i was 'parked' on a funny angle.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Working...
                          X