Update on gear-box woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on gear-box woes

Some of you may remember my post, asking for help regarding a dodgy gear-box problem. Well I've found the answer, torque converter breaking up, and bits interfering with the sensors, hence no gear change. Apparently this is not unknown on Landcruisers.
    Now the most painfull part; £1750 to repair and rebuild, and a 1 year warranty is supplied. There goes the money I saved importing it myself!!
    John
    http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Originally posted by Silver Surfer
    Some of you may remember my post, asking for help regarding a dodgy gear-box problem. Well I've found the answer, torque converter breaking up, and bits interfering with the sensors, hence no gear change. Apparently this is not unknown on Landcruisers.
    Now the most painfull part; £1750 to repair and rebuild, and a 1 year warranty is supplied. There goes the money I saved importing it myself!!
    John
    Ouch! At £1750 I reckon a secondhand box has to be worth a try, it should only cost a fraction of that, can't be that hard to find a s/hand box, or even have one brought in.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Good buy

Wow

Exploding flywheels, faulty head designs and now disintegrating gearboxes! Is there no end to a Surf's talents??!

Luckily the cigarette lighter on mine still works!

Comment

Originally posted by robnw67
        Wow

Exploding flywheels, faulty head designs and now disintegrating gearboxes! Is there no end to a Surf's talents??!

Luckily the cigarette lighter on mine still works!
        only one cigarette lighter?
        maybe you got the rear heater instead!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

If its a 'cruiser part, you should be able score a used one easy.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

autobox

Originally posted by TonyN
            If its a 'cruiser part, you should be able score a used one easy.
            Hi TonyN he will need a box out of a "Landcruier Colorado" it is all the same running gear as the 3rd Gen Surf. GOOD HUNTING
            Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
            X