Really Pee'd off now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Surely we could carry out the op for you Richard, I mean, how hard can it be to replace a hip joint? I've got a balljoint seperator, Tonys got a press, Vatchmans got the steel, Jottos got a welder, Andrew Lee has a BFH, MattF can put you to sleep with his thread on the viscous fan disassembly, Ian 619 can be in charge of lighting, Apache can rig up an ECG, and we could all do it in Chillitt's shed.

Sorted!

I can stitch him up a treat afterward too!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Oh i've also had 2 cataract operations, various investigations with cameras going up and down various tubes and orifices, tests, x-rays, scans etc etc and every one has been done without having to endure a long waiting list. I have only had one cancellation when a camera thingy bit of kit bit the dust.( and i know it was true cos a nursing friend of mine made enquires and found out for me) ans that was rescedulled within 2 weeks.
      All of them have been done on time and i have been impressed with the service i have received.
      Maybe i live in a good area for the NHS or maybe i have just been lucky, but certainly for me i have no complaints about it.
      Now surfing in the sun

Comment

Originally posted by pedrot
        Oh i've also had 2 cataract operations, various investigations with cameras going up and down various tubes and orifices, tests, x-rays, scans etc etc and every one has been done without having to endure a long waiting list. I have only had one cancellation when a camera thingy bit of kit bit the dust.( and i know it was true cos a nursing friend of mine made enquires and found out for me) ans that was rescedulled within 2 weeks.
        All of them have been done on time and i have been impressed with the service i have received.
        Maybe i live in a good area for the NHS or maybe i have just been lucky, but certainly for me i have no complaints about it.

Blimey!!!

Good job you didn't buy a 2.4 then.

Comment

I think a lot of the problems are the waiting lists. just cancel a few ops, knock 'em off the list and voila the goverment targets have been achieved, but the poor old patient is still waiting.
          and i wonder how much money is actually spend compiling the lists
          Now surfing in the sun

Comment

i get invited to the staff dinner and dances now
            Now surfing in the sun

Comment

My auntie fell over and broke her leg while we were all staying in france a few years back, We were staying in the middle of nowhere but still an ambulance was there in about 10 minutes of calling! She was taken right into hospital where they said they would have to wait because she had eaten breakfast that morning (or something) they told her they would operate at 9am! She said at 8:30am a nurse came in to prep her for the op and she was being operated on by 9! Later when she recovered a waiter and chef with a trolly came around with "gormet" grub for her! all freshly cooked!!

Sounds pretty good in france!

Comment

it is lovely in france but.......(and dont tell a soul i told you this) ..........its full of french peeps yaknow
                surfs up (in sales anyway)

Comment

Well do you want a bit of inside info????

The reason these ops are being canceled is through lack of staff! not just nurses but things like the equipment cant be cleaned quick enough. these MANAGERS who have no clinical experence make these really wan*ky decisions about who we treat andwhen we do it and most of the time it there is a problem after 4;30 or sometimes 5 (we run lists till 6) can you find these managers??? no they have $$$$ed off home!

Well there new plan at derriford is to get rid of a load of staff! downgrade the senior ones to save some monie! these guys have worked in the nhs for you to 35 years and now they are being told they have to reapply for their own jobs and face up a 6 grand pay cut!!! Well all this means there aint much chance of me getting much further in my job!!

But i think the nursing staff (and i put odps, which is what i am, in that group) have played a part in this problem. I mean we do this job cos we care about people and the managers and people who look at the finance just look at numbers. so when they are giving us unachevable lists to complete they dont care!. We run operating lists from 8 till 6 during the week and emergancys all the time. As i said before we are running on the bare minimum of staff but you get on with it we've got a jod to do. but the trouble comes when they put too much on the list and they over run. it may not sound much and if it was cos there was a problem they you dont mind staying late every now and them. but this is getting to be seeral times a week, and not sure about you but when i get my hours i tend to think that that is what i should work (give or take a few problems) but they take the p iss and we have to stay late not usually a problem but is when i gotta get back to look after the kids! Well back to the point the issure is made worst but the fact we have coped for so long but its getting to a stage where its gonna crack and the sh it will hit the fan and anything else around!

please dont think its cos wwe dont care anymore it just got to the stage where we have had enough of being fu**ed over but people who wt payed twice as much but never see apaitent never have to hold someones hand as they die or meet the relatives of sick dying or dead patients. I have done all these things but this is just a small part of my job and most of it is helping people and dont get me wrong i love working with people and getting them through a bloddy scary time in there lives (i hdd an general anaestitic yesterday for wisdom teeth out so know it from both sides).

So i have this terrable feeling things are gonna get worst before they get better, just hope you get your hip sorted richard just gotta play the system a little.

Sorry for my litle rant and i know none of you guys have anything to bad to say about the care you get, most of the time, just wanted to vent some steam and let you know how i see it think people have a right to know how their money is being spent after all its your NHS and as stated when it was founded 'health care shoud be free at the point of delivery' know your rights people and dont let anyone tell you anything else they have to give you all the info you ask for BY LAW!! (there are some eceptions but thats a bit complicated for here)

Right sorry about all that soap box is going back under the stairs!
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Surely we could carry out the op for you Richard, I mean, how hard can it be to replace a hip joint? I've got a balljoint seperator, Tonys got a press, Vatchmans got the steel, Jottos got a welder, Andrew Lee has a BFH, MattF can put you to sleep with his thread on the viscous fan disassembly, Ian 619 can be in charge of lighting, Apache can rig up an ECG, and we could all do it in Chillitt's shed.

Sorted!
                    Lmfao...I like that,that made me laugh a lot

Mandy says i would be less likely to get an infection that way aswell.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      Lmfao...I like that,that made me laugh a lot

Mandy says i would be less likely to get an infection that way aswell.

We'll just douse you in whiskey !

Comment

We'll just douse you in whiskey !

mmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMM lovely....Make sure it's a good'un then Vince
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                        X