No announcement yet.

Sat nav solutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a navman/Ipaq setup and have written some stuff on it here which you may find useful:
    http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/gps.htm

Although I have to add that recently I have had problems with the Navman software crashing (despite it being the latest patch release etc) and at one point even seemingly corrupting itself so it would not run at all (and sods-law it was just when I was 200 miles from home and wanted to navigate up to the lake district!!!) I had to navigate the old fashioned way and re-install when I got home. But I was so not-happy I have now got the latest TomTom navigator software running on the Navman and I have to say that so far I think it is far superior software with a lot more useful features (although therefore a bit more complex), and it supports postcodes.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

I have been playing with the Navman for a while now, it is an exceptional piece of kit and thoroughly reccomended.
      The route planning is fantastic, and the voice directions easly understood and not in a german accent!
      It even re-thinks the route if you make a wrong turn, no frantic button pressing required.

I have several Magellan and Garmin portable gps units, and whilst they serve their tasks well, the Navman is the way forward for land use.
      All the best,
      Dog
      Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Working...
      X