Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plumb bob
    The Nissan Navara gets a real good write up and looks rugged too ( IMO) although everything is electronic, including the 4x4.

But Nissan being Nissan it will be reliable, although costly, until they get to be a few years old.

Couple of guys on the shoot have Nissin's but not too impressed with the mud shoving + factory tyres are expensive 'cos nobody makes the size required + tooooo much plastic body panels dont stand up to deer antlers much

Been out playing in the new Disco and was suprisingly impressed, build quality was better than enything Brit built I have seen and it wandered through thick mud like it was on tarmac but the price is a total no brainer exept for shool run mega mums ( one guy on the shoot got a ex demo for 64k complete with white leather upholstery, great for muddy boots and soggy spaniels eh?)

Comment

Ooohh I wish mine was like that, although if I end up having the fuel pump reconed I'll get it tuned too, coz at the mo it's pretty slugish, and very slow off the mark until the turbo kicks in then its bearable.

I think its well worth trying to persuade the engine to hand out a bit more power! Because i know i have the power if i need it...i tend to not actually use it! mine rarly goes over 2000-2500 rpm because it just dosnt need too! With the ECT on and my foot flat to the floor i just felt it was a bit excessive really!!
      PLUS! im running on 265/75r16 tyes which according to a tyre calculator site come in at just under 32"

Comment

I know how you feel man. I've spent £2,500 on my truck in a year and a half, and that's just repairs.

I'm now officialy sick of it. I've had this week off work and all I've done is strip my engine, spend £1,500 and have got to spend the rest of the week rebuilding the engine.

It's going as soon as I get it running again.

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
          Couple of guys on the shoot have Nissin's but not too impressed with the mud shoving + factory tyres are expensive 'cos nobody makes the size required + tooooo much plastic body panels dont stand up to deer antlers much

Been out playing in the new Disco and was suprisingly impressed, build quality was better than enything Brit built I have seen and it wandered through thick mud like it was on tarmac but the price is a total no brainer exept for shool run mega mums ( one guy on the shoot got a ex demo for 64k complete with white leather upholstery, great for muddy boots and soggy spaniels eh?)

I've heard so much bad press about the new disco having electrical faults and the price is a lil excessive! theres so much more you could own for the £60.000 tag it has!

But then again we shouldnt listen to everything we hear ...or we would all hate these dangerous 4x4 things you hear about!

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
            I've had a frontera and even though I've had to spend over £2000 in the last 2 months on the surf I wouldn't get rid of it for anything, and definitely not a frontera, the surf has the grin factor
            except when you have to pay
            see you at the weekend hopefully it will just be the turbo lol
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

plumb bob what part are you after if it's the fuel pump i still have one, in fact most of the engine bits i have, have a look here
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31085

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                plumb bob what part are you after if it's the fuel pump i still have one, in fact most of the engine bits i have, have a look here
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31085
                My fuel pump is leaking, so if thats still available I'd be interested, will the be the same?
                Might be interested in rear nearside door if its in good nick ( mine has small rust hole) and door mirrors etc.
                Funds allowing of course.
                The fuel pump is the priority at the moment though just to keep it running.
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

My fuel pump is leaking, so if thats still available I'd be interested, will the be the same?
                  Might be interested in rear nearside door if its in good nick ( mine has small rust hole) and door mirrors etc.
                  Funds allowing of course.
                  The fuel pump is the priority at the moment though just to keep it running.
                  you have pm

Comment

If I had the money, transport and somewhere to put it, i'd probably have the whole thing off you, as I reckon I'll probably need it all at some stage.
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                    X