rear heater blowing cold....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear heater blowing cold....

Now i've read somewhere that if the rear heater blows cold, its blocked with chud.

i've located the two pipes that need to be unclipped.

if i unclip, will my engine coolant empty it-self all over the floor.

i know thats sounds odd, just wanna know if i need to go out and buy more antifreeze.
    The benchmark....

Originally posted by huff_diggler
    Now i've read somewhere that if the rear heater blows cold, its blocked with chud.

i've located the two pipes that need to be unclipped.

if i unclip, will my engine coolant empty it-self all over the floor.

i know thats sounds odd, just wanna know if i need to go out and buy more antifreeze.
    the pipes for the rear heater are connected to the pipes for the front heater so you will prbably lose some of it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Best find a piece of pipe same id and just loop the 2 pipes on engine together whilst you clear the blockage in the pipes to the heater . I read on here of using a bike inner cable in a cordless drill up the pipes to clear them .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Drain the coolant into a bucket via the radiator drain plug before you undo the hoses.

Nev

Comment

nice one lads

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          Drain the coolant into a bucket via the radiator drain plug before you undo the hoses.

Nev
          to be honest i'd rather put new in rather than old, cheers anyway
          Last edited by huff_diggler; 3 March 2007, 16:15.
          The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler
            nice one lads

to be honest i'd rather put new in rather than old, cheers anyway
            Wise decision my friend. Put an air trigger into one of the pipes and held the other pipe facing away (to the ground). Pull the trigger and all $hit will be blown out of the system(as long as you have a compressor). This is the way Stevo from Engine co does it, works every time apparently. He did mine this way. Then flush through with water to remove any loose $hite before refilling with coolant.
            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
            X