Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info V zippo !

Pile of poo Surf is up to it's old tricks again

As some of you might know I replaced the head on the effin thing three weeks ago, flushed the cooling system and topped off with a new cap...IT'S AT IT AGAIN temp up and down for no reason then boiling point = steam everywhere.

Nowt burst nor leaking and the pump was replaced with the head, any idea's???

New t/stat?
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

are you losing water before it boils up?, have you checked all your coolant hose's for splits?

Comment

'Tiss the only bit I aint changed Bob. Monday.

Comment

replace it with a OEM part from toyota.
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
            'Tiss the only bit I aint changed Bob. Monday.
            You are joking? You had a cracked head, and then left the old 'stat in place when you replaced the head?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
              are you losing water before it boils up?, have you checked all your coolant hose's for splits?
              No sign of any loss. there is no sense to this, it runs fine in traffic and on the motorway but take it onto bumby 40MPH type back roads and it blows it's top, strange thing is after / during the head replacement the system was flushed till it ran clear now when it boils over I am back to filthy rusty mud like stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                You are joking? You had a cracked head, and then left the old 'stat in place when you replaced the head?
                Stats rarley fail, I own a garage and employ four mechi's and after 18 years of trading we have seen only one between us.

Comment

Pile of poo Surf is up to it's old tricks again

As some of you might know I replaced the head on the effin thing three weeks ago, flushed the cooling system and topped off with a new cap...IT'S AT IT AGAIN temp up and down for no reason then boiling point = steam everywhere.

Nowt burst nor leaking and the pump was replaced with the head, any idea's???
                  distorted, corroded block face, had it once, 2 heads later replaced the engine?
                  JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Stats rarley fail, I own a garage and employ four mechi's and after 18 years of trading we have seen only one between us.
                    Of course.

Comment

No sign of any loss. there is no sense to this, it runs fine in traffic and on the motorway but take it onto bumby 40MPH type back roads and it blows it's top, strange thing is after / during the head replacement the system was flushed till it ran clear now when it boils over I am back to filthy rusty mud like stuff.
                      Sounds like the coolant ain't circulating as it should. Did you flush through the heater hose or just through the rad. Just guessing but it could be the heater matrix gunged up causing the muddy stuff by releasing some when it gets hot.
                      Trust your Hound.

Comment

When water boils in a confined spaces the forces are very high, like being hit with hammer, so it will dislodge more than flushing alone.
                        Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins
                          Sounds like the coolant ain't circulating as it should. Did you flush through the heater hose or just through the rad. Just guessing but it could be the heater matrix gunged up causing the muddy stuff by releasing some when it gets hot.

was flushed through the rad and out the front heater matrix but this problem looks as if it could be a blockage somewhere deffo NOT the thermostat 'cos when they fail they fail and are easy spotted.

Will try a herbalist and some Chinese meds next then onto Lourds.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins

And another weird thing.. even when it go's into meltdown and blurts it's water the friggin heater still works ????!!

Comment

Check the harmonic balencer, they often seperate and the pump won't spin fast enough to circulate water.

How was the block deck? I assume it was checked for flatness after cleaning it up.

Do a chemical check for combustion gasses in the coolant, this way you can rule out head/block issues, and concentrate on the cooling system effectiveness.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X