Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy Fuel Blamed on BioFuel

Have you heard the latest?

The tests on the contaminated fuel have been done, and early results say that it could be the fault of Biofuel which is added to fuel up to 5%. They are saying the Biofuel manufacturers may have let contaminants into the production process which has damaged the rest of the fuel.

Any of you Conspiracy Theorists out there think something stinks?

- If the petrochemical companies say Biofuel producers are making contaminated fuel
    - then people won't want it in their fuel
    - supermarkets and garages will refuse to add it to their fuel
    - the government won't be able to enforce increased Biofuel % per litre for fear of losing votes
    - the petrol companies will sue the Buiofuelers for damages
    - the biofuelers go bankrupt
    - and hey presto we have no biofuel industry and we are once again reliant on the Petro Conglomerates.

Just Vegging Out

sounds about right that
    The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by Bludger
      - the petrol companies will sue the Buiofuelers for damages
      what, as in ferris buiofueler?

never a copper about when you need em pop's?
      The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler
        what, as in ferris buiofueler?

never a copper about when you need em pop's?
        We got him
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Yeah, on the late news last night they were looking at Green Energy which is a BioFuel producer.
          Gaz

Comment

What has biofuel got to do with petrol, though?

Comment

Now they are linking it with diesel

A spokesman said silicon in the fuel could indicate the presence of silicone - a class of chemical compounds containing the element.

Such products are used in diesel as anti-foaming agents, but can cause "serious problems" in petrol engines, a trading standards official said.
              If some muppet put the petrol in the wrong tank I would NOT want to be in their shoes

Comment

It was contaminated with sillicone as you say... oops, someone in for the high jump!!
                Last edited by max6674; 3 March 2007, 01:58.
                -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

If the petrol is in the right tank and is contaminated with silicon I'd say the most likely explanation is that some turkey has added a diesel additive pack to the petrol tank !

It'll be interesting watching the fallout from this ......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Silicon is used as a anti-foaming agent in diesel.........some poor buggers now looking for a new job and i'll bet it will not be the idiot responsible
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      Silicon is used as a anti-foaming agent in diesel.........some poor buggers now looking for a new job and i'll bet it will not be the idiot responsible

Unfortunately, nowerdays you cannot fire someone for being c r a p at their job, even if they pose a threat to people's safety, the best you can do is retrain them!

Total farce if you ask me.

I used to work for a firm who had the maintenance contracts for about 15 different councils ( gas bolier/fires etc) about 120,000 homes across the south east, and they took on loads of new guys due to work load.
                      These guys had been "retrained "via dole office, a 6 month course in gas work.
                      Bearing in mind it can take between 3 and 10 years to gain a good level of experience in gas appliance safety work.

I came across so many potentially fatal situations caused by these guys incompetance and after numerous talks with management got nowhere.

I decided to put it in writing, which I did and I faxed It to the company.

What hapeened? I got a verbal waring and told never to do it again cos if the top boss had seen it everybody gets their arse kicked.

Thats when I realized that that (and most other) company were more interesed in the money, and middle management jobs, than they are in gas safety and customer safety.
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

BBC this morning were saying that petrol prices may rise as there is now a shortage

a) Do we see a possible motive here ?
                        b) What's the odds DIESEL will go up too ?

Not that I am cynical or similar

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                          b) What's the odds DIESEL will go up too ?

Not that I am cynical or similar
                          oh you know it will, remember those days when derv used to be half the price of petrol, was'nt that long ago...
                          The benchmark....

Comment

As I've said before my son's a mechanic and I asked him if they had had any cars in with fuel problems and he said "yes we get them all the time" but not from this recent problem, and when they ask them where they got their fuel from it's always Morrisons, when they drain the fuel out they find lots of contaminants in there.
                            Makes you think don't it.
                            Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X