Insurance Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Woes

I have followed avidly the threads relating to insurance companies and have come to the following conclusion:

"They all have a mind of their own and none of then can quote with any confidence" <translates to ar$eholes>

I have a 1996 Surf SSR-X 2.7l PETROL, and therein lies the problem.

I have called most of the recommended companies only to be told that this engine is "not on our database" and therefore cannot insure it - end of story.

Others that do quote insist on Cat1 alarms. Maybe its a petrol thing.

I have three companies who can quote and the premium varies from £370 (with hefty £300 xs, Cat1) to £595.

It's a shame because the majority of 3rd gen vehicles I have looked at are now fitted with petrol engines. The 2000 models even rise to a V6 3.4l version.

Oh well........

more ringing to do

Originally posted by weardale_red
    I have followed avidly the threads relating to insurance companies and have come to the following conclusion:

"They all have a mind of their own and none of then can quote with any confidence" <translates to ar$eholes>

I have a 1996 Surf SSR-X 2.7l PETROL, and therein lies the problem.

I have called most of the recommended companies only to be told that this engine is "not on our database" and therefore cannot insure it - end of story.

Others that do quote insist on Cat1 alarms. Maybe its a petrol thing.

I have three companies who can quote and the premium varies from £370 (with hefty £300 xs, Cat1) to £595.

It's a shame because the majority of 3rd gen vehicles I have looked at are now fitted with petrol engines. The 2000 models even rise to a V6 3.4l version.

Oh well........

more ringing to do
    Hi m8 have you tried Lifesure 0870 3661235 [ i think ]they have never failed to insure any vehicle I have had. Quite a few imports among them, they are not always rock bottom price but the service is also excellent.

Cheers
    Conker
    [center] [/center]

Comment

Try Adrian S Flux - they seem to be knowledgable about the different models. I pay £380 fully comp with £100 excess and a Cat1 immobiliser which cost £149.00 fully fitted!

Comment

Insurance woes

Snake,

If I could get a Cat1 alarm fitted and certified for £100 I wouldnt care what quote I got.

£300 - £350 seems to be the norm around here

Clive

Comment

Adrian Flux have never bothered to reply to my online quote information, the losers!

I got stiffed good and proper by Norwich Union. They quoted me £650 for my 94 SSR-X Ltd 3.0 TD Auto which i accepted but when the documents came back they had it down as a Manual/Petrol. When i phoned to tell them some dumb Indian woman said my car didn't exist. She went away for what seemed like an age and came back with a £350 pemium increase!!!!

Thats £95 a month!!!

The first question i will be asking when i come to renew will be 'is your customer services in India?' Because quite frankly they havent got a clue over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo7
            Adrian Flux have never bothered to reply to my online quote information, the losers!

I got stiffed good and proper by Norwich Union. They quoted me £650 for my 94 SSR-X Ltd 3.0 TD Auto which i accepted but when the documents came back they had it down as a Manual/Petrol. When i phoned to tell them some dumb Indian woman said my car didn't exist. She went away for what seemed like an age and came back with a £350 pemium increase!!!!

Thats £95 a month!!!

The first question i will be asking when i come to renew will be 'is your customer services in India?' Because quite frankly they havent got a clue over there.
            i had the same trouble with NU, and the call centres!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Try Tesco's .I had the same problem as you when I tried to insure a 3rd Gen petrol 2.7 almost everybody said it did not exist on there books. Eventually Tesco's quoted £275 and comfirmed they had the right car. But by then I had bought a 3.0 diesel SSR-G
              Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Tesco wanted over a grand with £600 excess!!!

Comment

i got cover with acadamy i found them in 4x4 mart they also said i had to have a cat1 alarm fitted,so i got a toad alarm fitted cost £250 but are guaranteed for life (robbing so so).
                  any way they do say any money spent on security is money well spent.::

Comment

Insurance woes........no more

I have eventually gone with A-Plan.

They quoted me £595 fully comp.

No alarm required.
                    No need to transfer my no claims as long as I provide proof I have it
                    £250 xcess

Sorted

Comment

Lifesure

I got mine with Lifesure at £440 fully comp. I was told that an alarm or immob wasn't nessecary (cat 1 or otherwise) and if I did fit one my premium would still stay the same.

Apart from the first six months of the cover they only sent me cover notes every month the service was fine.

Comment

A-Plan Insurance.....

...have screwed me.

Despite me spending an age on the phone to them confirming the details of my car they have screwed me completely.

The docs arrived this morning with my car as a 2.4 diesel.

So I called them and told them of this and other innacurices.

The upshot of it is that they can't insure me with that company (not on the database) and if I take them up with the other company I have to fit an alarm and transfer no claims.

What a bunch of to$$ers and have now delayed me in registering my vehicle.

Back to square one

Comment

Working...
                        X