Tow ball gubbins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Just out of curiosity. The bracket for the stabiliser bar is the rearmost piece fitted to the towbar mounting plate. The shape of it and the casting pushes it out a couple of mm from the bottom of the mounting plate. Is that okay as is, or would it be better served with a spacer block between it and the mounting plate?
    i would put a spacer block in and then retighten.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
      i would put a spacer block in and then retighten.
      Bugger. I knew you'd say that. Oh well, third time lucky. Another trip to the towbar place in the morning.

Comment

Bugger. I knew you'd say that. Oh well, third time lucky. Another trip to the towbar place in the morning.
        well if you knew i was gonna say it why didnt you do it.p.s theres another one for your collection
        Last edited by surfenstein; 3 March 2007, 00:01.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

well if you knew i was gonna say it why didnt you do it.
          Cos I didn't realise how shoddily the original towball had been fitted, until I went to put this one on. And by then the place was about shut.

Comment

Cos I didn't realise how shoddily the original towball had been fitted, until I went to put this one on. And by then the place was about shut.
            dont you just hate that when it happens,normally happens to me on a sunday approaching 4"o" clock
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

dont you just hate that when it happens,normally happens to me on a sunday approaching 4"o" clock
              It's a guaranteed fact of life. You will need parts desperately five minutes before the place is due to shut.
              Last edited by MattF; 3 March 2007, 00:11.

Comment

Working...
              X