Fading oil pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fading oil pressure?

Took the surf out yesterday for its first long journey for me (450miles).Everything was fine for the trip down temp OK. oil pressure OK.
    On the journey back I noticed the oil pressure had dropped to what its normal is.
    On arriving home I checked the oil level and coolant everything was fine.
    This morning pressure seems back to normal. Anyone else experienced this or has an explanation?
    Trust your Hound.

Originally posted by Taliesins
    Took the surf out yesterday for its first long journey for me (450miles).Everything was fine for the trip down temp OK. oil pressure OK.
    On the journey back I noticed the oil pressure had dropped to what its normal is.
    This morning pressure seems back to normal. Anyone else experienced this or has an explanation?
    Not sure what you're getting at. Is there a word missing somewhere?

I notice my oil pressure is always quite high when I switch on and drops a lot during a long journey. I'd always put it down to the oil getting more slippery as it gets hot.

Comment

Normally as the oil heats up, the oil pressure goes down that could explain it
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        Not sure what you're getting at. Is there a word missing somewhere?

I notice my oil pressure is always quite high when I switch on and drops a lot during a long journey. I'd always put it down to the oil getting more slippery as it gets hot.
        No there is not a word missing. As I said in my post this is my first long journey in the Surf. Normally my journeys are fairly short 50 or 60 miles at a time.
        This has not happened on these journeys hence the question.
        I am not talking a small drop on the oil guage but from the middle of the guage to the low end of the guage.
        I change the oil and filter 3 times a year.
        Last edited by Taliesins; 27 February 2007, 18:27.
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

i think that when it gets hot and runnier the pressure will drop a bit if the level is ok then dont worry too much. When did you last chance it? might need a new filter and lovley fresh oil!

Then again i might be talking out of my arse and someone with vastly superior Intelligence will be alone to correct me!
          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

No there is not a word missing. As I said in my post this is my first long journey in the Surf. Normally my journeys are fairly short 50 or 60 miles at a time.
            This has not happened on these journeys hence the question.
            I am not talking a small drop on the oil guage but from the middle of the guage to the low end of the guage.
            I change the oil and filter 3 times a year.
            Well, here's the classic picture, before Tony turns up and posts it....

Comment

If you want to boost it Wynns do some stuff that increases oil pressure, you lob it in the oil. Anyone used this before?

Comment

Working...
              X