Running out of Surf's???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of Surf's???

What are we gonna be driving when the Surfs run out??? What 4x4's are made now in the world thats rugged enough to fill the gap yet not to complicated???

Or do you think the will become a bit like a landy (but classier, and more exclusive of course) and eventually you will be able to build one from a parts catalogue

Paul

I like the Hilux pick up mk6 (is it called the Vigo?)

A long way out of my price range at the moment, but in 12 years time (same age as my Surf now) I might just manage it.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
      I like the Hilux pick up mk6 (is it called the Vigo?)

A long way out of my price range at the moment, but in 12 years time (same age as my Surf now) I might just manage it.

I think Vigo might be its import name! a new 3.0ltr intercooled version is out now i think! They are stunning!!! especially in black! hmmm just picture it with a 4" lift and 33" BFG MT's

Im sure there will always be surfs about! so many are used lightly and occasionally that i dont see any real danger of losing them forever!
      It would be amazing to build one from bits though!

Comment

Why would we ever run out of surfs? they are indestructable, aren't they?
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          Why would we ever run out of surfs? they are indestructable, aren't they?
          I think woodzie would have to disagree with you on that...he seems to have bu**erd up enough at salisbury!

Comment

I was only wondering, as the surf seemed to reach its pinnacle of development, both in style and performance, with the early 3rd gens** & that was in the mid to late 90's, previous to that 1st & 2nd gen surfs seem to have been a sort of a mismatch of parts, almost parts bin specials IYKWIM
            And since the 3rd gen there has been little to beat it.

I was just wondering whats around the corner to replace the Surf???

**green/silver was the best and still is

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by DitchCrawler
              I was only wondering, as the surf seemed to reach its pinnacle of development, both in style and performance, with the early 3rd gens** & that was in the mid to late 90's, previous to that 1st & 2nd gen surfs seem to have been a sort of a mismatch of parts, almost parts bin specials IYKWIM
              And since the 3rd gen there has been little to beat it.

I was just wondering whats around the corner to replace the Surf???

**green/silver was the best and still is

Paul

"1st and 2nd gen Surfs seem to be a mis-match of parts"???? "parts bin specials"????

Boy you're gonna pay big time for that comment!

Comment

Originally posted by DitchCrawler
                ..."the surf seemed to reach its pinnacle of development, both in style and performance, with the early 3rd gens** & that was in the mid to late 90's,

Quite right! Just ignore the tractor-jockeys - they're just jealous

With such deep insight, one could almost forgive the colour-blindness... [runs off and hides ]
                Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  I think woodzie would have to disagree with you on that...he seems to have bu**erd up enough at salisbury!
                  Why does every one blame me..........I just organised it YOU LOT drove them to distruction

Any way its danno's turn as the camp out is coming up
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    "1st and 2nd gen Surfs seem to be a mis-match of parts"???? "parts bin specials"????

Boy you're gonna pay big time for that comment!
                    Especially as I have his truck here ATM...........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

as an owner of a 2nd gen I honestly believe he deserves a 3rd gen
                      (bet he backcombs as well)
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

Have a look at all the land cruisers around that are 40 yrs old, although the early ones are less complicated than the surfs, I guess it depends how much money you wanna throw at a vehicle.

I think the surfs biggest enemy in this country/ hemisphere ( apart from woodzie of course ) is rust. If that could be eliminated the surf would live forever.
                        Please see below for my ultimate truck, for sale on ebay.built in 1967.
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Gotta admit I kinda like this http://www.mazda.co.uk/Showroom/BT-5...ACHEHINT=Guest

Also branded as a Ford but 2.6k less

Comment

does look a bit hiluxy, only prob for me is that all these new motors have lost their character compared with the late 60's and 70's cars, they are all so bland today.

Even when I look at my 2nd gen it's pretty bland compared to a '67 FJ45 Cruiser.
                            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                              does look a bit hiluxy, only prob for me is that all these new motors have lost their character compared with the late 60's and 70's cars, they are all so bland today.

Even when I look at my 2nd gen it's pretty bland compared to a '67 FJ45 Cruiser.

I do agree with you on that...i LOVE my 2nd gen and theres not that much i would change about it personally but new cars/trucks are just boring! (apart from the MK6 hilux) Mitsubishi tried to break the mould with the new L200 but that for me is just an ugly peice of ...stuff! the more you look the more you notice little bits which suck!!

Theres a 1990 Landcruiser for sale near me for ....£1000!! <--- If i had a grand it would now be on my drive

Comment

Working...
                              X