Dial scans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dial scans

Hi all. Seem to remember somebody asking for scan of dial faces a while back. Cant remember who!! Here are some for 2.4TD second Gen. Also have overlays of the same in other formats for customising etc.

Scan of Fuel, Temp etc. if needed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jjon; 3 February 2004, 11:34.
    JJON

Normal is just a wash setting.

Oh!
    You're gonna make a lot of friends here.
    Can you post the feul, temp etc, pls.
    I changed mine to indiglo gauges last year, which changed to MPH, but at the end of the year here every speed limit is being changed to kilometres so want to change it back but i like the white faces, so that would be cool.
    :bigthumbsup:
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Here they are in white, a little photoshopping!
      Attached Files
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
        Here they are in white, a little photoshopping!

Nearly there Del, lookin Good,

pssst, ya missed a bit o gray in the 4 on the speedo
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Dial scans

Hi Derek.
          Glad to help. Will scan and post other guages when I get home from work tonight. What kind of indiglo guages have you got ? I am in the middle of altering some indiglo guages to suit my truck. Got some guages off Ebay (about £22.00 inc postage) but they were for petrol 4runner. I have since removed the overprint on speedo and tacho to make blanks. I now have to find someone with access to a laser colour printer so that I can make self adhesive transparent overlays (see my other post) I want to print them with laser because I think inkjet printing may fade with time.
          JJON

Comment

Sounds like you have the exact same problem as mine. They are for a petrol and the revs are up in the 6's. How did you go about removing the writing from the indiglo's. You're idea sound very good. I'll be waiting to see how it goes.
            Cheers
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
              Nearly there Del, lookin Good,

pssst, ya missed a bit o gray in the 4 on the speedo
              Oops!
              Attached Files
              Derek :
              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by jjon
                Hi Derek.
                Glad to help. Will scan and post other guages when I get home from work tonight. What kind of indiglo guages have you got ? I am in the middle of altering some indiglo guages to suit my truck. Got some guages off Ebay (about £22.00 inc postage) but they were for petrol 4runner. I have since removed the overprint on speedo and tacho to make blanks. I now have to find someone with access to a laser colour printer so that I can make self adhesive transparent overlays (see my other post) I want to print them with laser because I think inkjet printing may fade with time.
                Hi John
                Ive been to the hobby shop to try and get some transparent printing film(A4 Sheets).
                The answer I got was "not a chance" ok so he dose not stock it. I want to produce some window stickers for out side the window on the tints. Can you advise of what to ask for and where.
                Sorry for the side track on the thread Lads.

Geoff.
                Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
                  Hi John
                  Ive been to the hobby shop to try and get some transparent printing film(A4 Sheets).
                  The answer I got was "not a chance" ok so he dose not stock it. I want to produce some window stickers for out side the window on the tints. Can you advise of what to ask for and where.
                  Sorry for the side track on the thread Lads.

Geoff.
                  Geoff, what sort of stickers are you looking for
                  [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                  [size=5][/size]
                  [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                    Geoff, what sort of stickers are you looking for
                    I just like playing around ( on the computer ) and have got several small projects Eg: My Toyota's Gonna Eat
                    Jeremy Clarkson

And an assortment of small bulldog drawings. Cant stick them on the inside of the windows because thier tinted

Geoff.
                    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                      Sounds like you have the exact same problem as mine. They are for a petrol and the revs are up in the 6's. How did you go about removing the writing from the indiglo's. You're idea sound very good. I'll be waiting to see how it goes.
                      Cheers
                      change the numbers using photoshop or something like that?

even personalise them?
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Dial scans

Hi all.
                        Here we go. The Self adhesive transparent film that I have is made by Avery and is marked as "Avery MPI 1040" I have a few sheets I aquired some time ago. I thought this would be relatively easy to get hold of. After Geoffs post I am begining to wonder because I want some more !.
                        Anyway I have atached the scans for the small guages. I have not bothered to do any alterations to the small guages because the Indiglo ones do not need it. I removed the printing from the main dials by inserting a stanley blade between the laminations that make up the dials. there are about 8 in total. I removed just the top two. The top one is a protective coating. The second one is a printed layer (most of which came off as I peeled off the top layer). the remains of the second (printed layer) I scraped off with a stanley blade. The layer below is surprisingly tough but it would still pay to be carefull. this gave me the blanks that you can see in my other post.

Derek, I cant attach the autocad file as it is not a "valid .bmp, .jpg...etc. could this be done via pm ?
                        Attached Files
                        JJON

Comment

Dial scans

Mmmm can anyone tell me why, in my last post all the attachments showed as thumbnails but in a previous post it was just a link ?

Just curious !!
                          JJON

Comment

Hi John
                            thanks for the Info I will get straight on to it in the morning and post up the results.

Geoff.
                            Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by jjon
                              Mmmm can anyone tell me why, in my last post all the attachments showed as thumbnails but in a previous post it was just a link ?

Just curious !!
                              Not sure but I think it may be the size of the picture.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X