coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant

just found this on a site, about aluminium blocks, could be whats doing the heads

5. Corroded block

The aluminium block is very vulnerable to corrosion if the wrong coolant is used. You MUST use coolant designed for use in aluminium engines. Corrosion can partially block the water galleys and make an insulation that prevents heat transfer. Once you have this corrosion you have a problem that can only be resolved by stripping and dismantling the engine. Corrosion can even make holes inside the cylinders, allowing the water to leak inside.
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Originally posted by gemini
    just found this on a site, about aluminium blocks, could be whats doing the heads

5. Corroded block

The aluminium block is very vulnerable to corrosion if the wrong coolant is used. You MUST use coolant designed for use in aluminium engines. Corrosion can partially block the water galleys and make an insulation that prevents heat transfer. Once you have this corrosion you have a problem that can only be resolved by stripping and dismantling the engine. Corrosion can even make holes inside the cylinders, allowing the water to leak inside.
    Ian.

Don't know about yours but my engines made out of cast Iron including the head. But the article is correct - it's one of the reasons that Triumph Dolomite engines ( the ally head one) used to be so fragile.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Ian.

Don't know about yours but my engines made out of cast Iron including the head. But the article is correct - it's one of the reasons that Triumph Dolomite engines ( the ally head one) used to be so fragile.

Cheers
      yes, i was thinking the head was ally, for some reason
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
      X