No announcement yet.

Aircon comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=MattF]Cheers Charlie. Do the pump and bracket come off as one, or separately?[/QUOTE

I've left my bracket on the engine, as it's huge and I couldn't be arsed!

Comment

yes but if you bin it, it makes changing the timing belt slightly easier. and it makes even more space for er... something else...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        yes but if you bin it, it makes changing the timing belt slightly easier. and it makes even more space for er... something else...
        And that would be the on board air mod I been (not) doing for the last 6 months = LAZY GET
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt

True, but I hope to have a different engine fitted by the time the belt needs changing!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            True, but I hope to have a different engine fitted by the time the belt needs changing!
            You still going down the V8 route then?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              You still going down the V8 route then?

Hell yeah.
              As soon as I've fitted our new kitchen and tiled the floor and fitted the velux window, and oh yeah, get the Cooper back on the road and sold,..........Aparently.

Comment

get the Cooper back on the road and sold
                Time to put your foot down, Vince.

Comment

I've left my bracket on the engine, as it's huge and I couldn't be arsed!
                  Plus the fact that the top bracket is also the slider arm for the alternator is also a good reason to leave it.

Ian, 6 bolts. Four through the side of the compressor, two holding the bottom bracket. 12mm spanner for the comp, 14mm spanner for the bracket.

It's now out. Just the connectors to cap/seal and the two pipes in the bulkhead to cap.

Comment

Working...
                  X