X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did It Myself Snorkle

Hello

Pic 1 Take a pipe off a 2.5 TD truck.

Pic 2 Take off the wing, chain drill and cold chisel a hole in the inner wing.

Pic 3 Close up of the new holey wing

Pic 4 Modify the new pipe and existing air intake pipe

Pic 5 Different view of the new pipe

Pic 6 Wing back on with 2.5'' drain pipe in position (cutting the wing was FUN)

Pic 7 Plastic flange and grill attached (just mastiked on for now)

Pic 8 Side view showing height of grill

The grill pops off leaving the plastic flange attached to the wing - I will connect the extension pipe to this.
    I haven't made a extension pipe yet - this will allow deeper wading - I'll keep it in the boot when not being used. I might fit a scoop to the wing.
    Another member of the 'A' team

that is cool! cant wait to cut up my truck! do you mind it i 'borrow' your design?

still gotta fit that intercooler! after doing that the snorkle will be the next the next fun job!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Nice work.

What ever next? A rear bumper?
      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

That grille though... you'll have the Corsachavs fitting speakers in their wings!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
          Nice work.

What ever next? A rear bumper?
          Ahem - yes some body armour coming soon.

I ripped off someone else's design so carry on.

Anyway, copying is plagiarism, taking two or more sources is research! Which is wot i done.

Woodzie and Blizzard have both been 'sourced'. Thanks guys.
          Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 24 February 2007, 21:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            That grille though... you'll have the Corsachavs fitting speakers in their wings!
            Yeah - I could fit a large boom box on the roof............. now there's a thought

Comment

Nice job Andy, are you fixing a bit to go up the pillar as well? for the deeeep puddles
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Looks good but would I be wrong in suggesting a strengthening plate around the hole in the inner wing? I'm sure I've seen a commercial item with such a plate as part of the kit.

Comment

Nice job Andy, are you fixing a bit to go up the pillar as well? for the deeeep puddles

I'm going to make up a small 'chimney' pipe! About 12'' tall and flanged at the base - pop off the grill and attach said chimney et voila

Looks good but would I be wrong in suggesting a strengthening plate around the hole in the inner wing? I'm sure I've seen a commercial item with such a plate as part of the kit.

The Safari snorkles have a plate as part of the kit - I'll keep an eye on it and if I see it cracking I'll fit something.

Comment

Well done ......Are you going to raise it again for wading ,If so how?

BTW hope you found the info on 'Guess what i am making ' helpful
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      Well done ......Are you going to raise it again for wading ,If so how?

SEE PREVIOUS POST #9

BTW hope you found the info on 'Guess what i am making ' helpful
                      Your thread was made a favourite - I tend to ponder/research/obsess/think about it and then go for it. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                        Your thread was made a favourite - I tend to ponder/research/obsess/think about it and then go for it. Cheers
                        If that's multiple choice, I'd say obsess. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                          That was quick mine took about six weeks .......It was a case of find the problem then come up with a solution
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                            If that's multiple choice, I'd say obsess. Nice job.
                            Hi Matt

So when you gonna cut yours then???????

Taking the wing off is easy enough - all bolted - good old Toyota!

Lining up the wing to cut the hole after fitting the pipes is a real buttock clenching moment

Hey Woodzie - I started fitting air to my truck 6 months ago - tripped over the receiver in the garage today - that's my next project............

Comment

Nice Andy M8, Welldone

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X