Head Replacement Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Replacement Poll

I thought I would poll the forum to find out how many of us have had head problems. It might also give us an idea of how many of each have given trouble.

Please can we have as many votes as possible to make it more accurate.

Thanks.
    2.4lt Head Cracked
    42.19%
    3.0lt Head Cracked
    12.50%
    Blown Head Gasket
    7.81%
    No Head or Gasket problems to date
    42.19%

I won't vote yet until I've got my head off as I don't know the exact problem yet.

Comment

I have had to say no problem at 148000........But it had its cam belt done very early so it may have been done in Japan
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Oh no not another head poll
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Had to replace mine after filling the rad with mud, then driving down the motorway rather quickly one evening and not keeping an eye on the temp guage!

That was another lesson learnt!

Comment

Had my 2.4 for three years now, shes done about 178.000 km. Use her every day, dragged a caravan all over the place last year and have to admit she got a bit hot once or twice, well ok quite a few times But as far as I can tell the head is still ok Having sais all this it will no doubt go next week.

Spoggle

Comment

my head went when i bought the truck, so i went back got half me money back then got the head done.

Comment

This is one poll i aint voting on, it's like tempting fate
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                  That's exactly why I ain't voted either.

Comment

Mine went into the garage because of a misfire… it was confirmed that one of the gaskets had gone.

This Surf was fitted with a replacement engine (which had done 50k) 2 years ago when the odometer read 144,000 Km.
                    It now reads 152,000 Km. So the right hand gasket failed at about 58,000 Km. This is the 3.0 ltr. V6 Petrol version.

It was in the workshop for 4 days, which I think is Ok as the heads whet away to be skimmed. Total cost £1,073.

I’m now hopping this truck will now last for a good few years!
                    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

pussys!
                      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                        Oh no not another head poll
                        Yeah! Its nothing personal guys, Toyota arn't trying to get one over on you. Things break, deal with it.

No one ever claimed 3.0 will never break, they are the same as most other cars, unlike the 2.4's, which you can virtually be assured will crack if you overheat them.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Every pair of valves in every friggin cylinder were joined by a crack and this was deffo NOT an overnight problem 'cos some cracks looked like they had been there for many miles!

Anyway new head fitted now and the Surf has aprox 20% extra power so I must have been losing compression for ages.

Worried about your head? pull the injectors and try a comp test.

Comment

After 5+ years I can Honestly say I havent had a Head problem Yet !!!!
                            My repair costs to date, (including 4 1/2 year old Tyres about 1/2 worn) approx £500.
                            Good Value for Motoring/offroadin I'd say...... Am I tempting Fate ??

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by ian619

I see you guys have faith in your motor!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X