How Many Dash Lights Show With Ignition On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Dash Lights Show With Ignition On

Okay, I've used the search function for all the items listed below and nothing relevant has appeared. Searched for over 20 minutes but no joy.

My question is, how many lights should show on the dash when the ignition is turned on? Mine only shows 5 and I once saw the glow plug light illuminate for a micro second.

Can you also point out where the Turbo light is supposed to be please? All I have is a check light! Can't find it on the owners manual that I downloaded either.

Cheers lads!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I am sure there are more but cannot check as truck has no batteries or alternator at the mo ..........Untill payday

T/Belt light isn't there
    Last edited by Woodzie; 23 February 2007, 19:32.
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

No turbo light on the 3ltr and my glowplug light also only comes on for a split second.
      What's the symbol on the far left by the way.
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
        No turbo light on the 3ltr and my glowplug light also only comes on for a split second.
        What's the symbol on the far left by the way.
        I think it's the fuel filter warning light but it goes out once the engine starts up.

Comment

Water in the fuel filter warning, mines been on ages, came on when i put a bulb in
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            Water in the fuel filter warning, mines been on ages, came on when i put a bulb in

have you tryed draining the water out?
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Come on lads, how hard can it be? I know it's not going to happen tonight but tomorrow when you start your Surf please see how many lights come on when you turn the key. Especially interested in 3 litre models '93, '94, '95?

Thanks a lot, doing a 12 hour shift tomorrow so will check back tomorrow night.

Comment

i have those 5 plus the seat belt light and timing belt light.thats just with the ignition on but not started
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I got all those (minus turbo light) plus seat belt light, plus oil pressure, but no T-Belt light. My truck has optitron dash and has L 2 D N R P symbols on it. Should these change colour or something when I select different gears?

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                    Okay, I've used the search function for all the items listed below and nothing relevant has appeared. Searched for over 20 minutes but no joy.

My question is, how many lights should show on the dash when the ignition is turned on? Mine only shows 5 and I once saw the glow plug light illuminate for a micro second.

Can you also point out where the Turbo light is supposed to be please? All I have is a check light! Can't find it on the owners manual that I downloaded either.

Cheers lads!
                    3.0l Surfs don't have a turbo light.

ner ner nerner ner!

Comment

Don't need one Vince you KNOW when you put your foot down with a 3.0ltr
                      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                        Don't need one Vince you KNOW when you put your foot down with a 3.0ltr

But lots of LEDs is a good thing, ask Ian.

Comment

My main concern is the timing belt light. The odometer shows 73,500 km, so just to be on the safe side I'll have the belt changed at 80,000 (that should give me about a year to save up!)

Comment

Working...
                          X