look what i woke up to on wensday morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look what i woke up to on wensday morning

yep no wheels and just went flying though mot on tuesday no faults! insurance quote is 2400.00GBP for new wheels and new tyres they even took the old wheel nuts at 6 quid each. so tommorrow insurance engineer is going to make a cash offer to me because value of vehicle is so close to cost of replacing wheels so there you go! lets see what friday brings on
    cheers

Originally posted by bonzi
    yep no wheels and just went flying though mot on tuesday no faults! insurance quote is 2400.00GBP for new wheels and new tyres they even took the old wheel nuts at 6 quid each. so tommorrow insurance engineer is going to make a cash offer to me because value of vehicle is so close to cost of replacing wheels so there you go! lets see what friday brings on
    cheers
    Seriously? Why is the quote so high for a set of wheels?

Comment

cheers

Thats $$$$, I give you £50 for it

Comment

Surely you get the wheel nuts from Roughtrax at £1.60 each. A set of alloys off Ebay, maybe £150 the lot and 5 tyres at £70 each.

To me that would be £550 ish? But maybe adding locking wheel nuts to that for another £30!!! (Or were they on?)

Dave

Comment

I've got a full set on General Grabber UHPs you are welcome to use for a while if you like, while you get some new ones on....if you can organise a Surf train or something.....
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I have a set of steel wheels here with some rubbishy old tyres on if it will help while you get sorted..
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

cost of new wheels from insurance using toyota dealer.240 quid each alloy and 110 each bfgoodrich tyre and six quid each wheel nut yes i know about cheaper alternitives but thought you all might enjoy seeing how insurance companies function and why are insurance can be so expensive. my insurance company is NIG with 300 quid excess. oh yes forgot to say they will replace with normal wheel nuts, at 6 quid each, but insist i use locking nuts but i must pay extra for locking nuts.....lol

Comment

cheers

paid less than £500 for 5 steel wheels and tyres [new ]

sorry about your loss must get my alloys sorted and put locking wheel nuts on
                Last edited by joker??; 22 February 2007, 23:51.
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

i am gutted ,

your back end is still higher than mine with no wheels on

o and sorry about that
                  john
                  i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

thank you for offers

wow thanks for all the generous offers i will see what the engineer has to offer tommorrow and go from there
                    cheers

Comment

Thats a ba$tard , sorry to hear it m8, but looking at that insurance quote, i'd sling it in the bin and get your own quote and show the pen pushing tw4ts what reality smells like. £500 tops if you dig a little.
                      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                        paid less than £500 for 5 steel wheels and tyres [new ]
                        £360 all inc for 4 wheels and colway at's and next day delivery from 4x4accessoriesandtyres
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                          show the pen pushing tw4ts what reality smells like.
                          I am not a pen pushing tw4t , I drag the pen across the paper .
                          You never know who does wot job for a living .
                          In the Insurance industry we look to replace with genuine manufacturer parts as the vehicle was when built . Only after discussing options with the Insured would alternative parts be used as a method to save a total loss situation .
                          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                            I am not a pen pushing tw4t , I drag the pen across the paper .
                            You never know who does wot job for a living .
                            In the Insurance industry we look to replace with genuine manufacturer parts as the vehicle was when built . Only after discussing options with the Insured would alternative parts be used as a method to save a total loss situation .
                            Sounds a bit like an insurance engineer to me

ps. not all pen pushing tw4ts are tw4ts
                            Last edited by Antshiel; 23 February 2007, 00:01.
                            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                              Sounds a bit like an insurance engineer to me
                              You are correct .
                              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                              X