Tony N is...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Sounds like a good probability. That vent is very close to a lot of wires. I'd just make sure no cables appear distorted or are pulling loose of connectors, Rod. The crackle. Is that apparent through all speakers or just some?
    Its in all four, there was a yellow wire hanging down...which i right away declared that i had busted somet....but the mechanic said it was just a feed off the idle up switch.....which still works no problems!!

Its all well technically 8 speakers including the tweeters

Comment

If you're getting it through all speakers, it's obviously related to the head unit itself. First thing to check is that the grounds to the unit are good. Does the crackle only appear when playing cd's, or is it audible when radio is selected as well?

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
        check for people eating rice crispies in the region too.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
          check for people eating rice crispies in the region too.
          Well i do have snap and crackle and i just pray i dont get pop! cuz these speakers were expensive

Comment

If you're getting it through all speakers, it's obviously related to the head unit itself. First thing to check is that the grounds to the unit are good. Does the crackle only appear when playing cd's, or is it audible when radio is selected as well?
            Radio and Cd's, when i left the pub i put in a cd an it just messed me around, hardly started, skipped all over the place an was just about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              Radio and Cd's, when i left the pub i put in a cd an it just messed me around, hardly started, skipped all over the place an was just about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!
              How old is the cd unit? With regards to the crackling, that definitely sounds like either poor earthing or dry joints, but dry joints would usually be a problem that occurs over time and use. With regards to the skipping, that could be a dirty lens or knackered laser. Best thing to try first is one of those cleaning cd's where you pop a fluid onto a little brush on the surface of the disc, and give it a couple of runs through with fresh drops on the brush.

Comment

How old is the cd unit? With regards to the crackling, that definitely sounds like either poor earthing or dry joints, but dry joints would usually be a problem that occurs over time and use. With regards to the skipping, that could be a dirty lens or knackered laser. Best thing to try first is one of those cleaning cd's where you pop a fluid onto a little brush on the surface of the disc, and give it a couple of runs through with fresh drops on the brush.
                I dont think the cd player is that old...its got the same face as new cheap JVC units but a different colour light, The worse thing is i dont understand why only today it would start being a PITA!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  well you know i didnt wanna say anything but....
                  What has been going on recently? it's getting pretty hostile here!! i dare not mention my cd player/speaker problems at the moment!!!
                  whats up with the player and speakers?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                    whats up with the player and speakers?
                    Well ive just fitted Inphase components in the front and rear of my surf....and now its just crackling at me and cutting out...and it gave me trouble earlier on with losing the live ignition feed (me guessing) and stopped me from taking out my key!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X