No announcement yet.

ie or firefox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using IE7 for about 4 months now and only installed it because of the frequent update requests. I didn't like it at first but now I'm used to it and find it does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Like it for the multiple tabs, don't like it for the open email icon disappearing from the toolbar, but it's no biggy. I build and repair computers in my spare time, and a lot of the problems I have to fix are caused by people downloading and trying to install stuff they don't need. Most of them don't even know what program they are trying to install, or what it does, someone tells them it's a free download or they find it while browsing and they think they have to have it!

So to cut my very long story short, if your computers doing exactly what it's supposed to do don't f**k with it!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
      So to cut my very long story short, if your computers doing exactly what it's supposed to do don't f**k with it!
      That's ok, however other browsers allow you to perform the same functions with greater ease.

I have the following add-on for firefox
      Session Manager - save my sesions (open tabs etc) even when OS/app crashes
      Mouse Gestures - control the browser via clicks and mouse movements without having to use the tool bar
      Ad block - blocks adds in webpages
      Video Downloader - downloads video from Youtube, Google Videos
      There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
        You need to install IE tab then.

http://ietab.mozdev.org/

This should let you log the MSDN stuff, as I can login to teh microsoft partner program from FF and also run Windows Update from FF.

Firefox is wonderful, as you can customise it with add-ons, and have it work the way you want.
        Top geezer! I didn't know you could do that! Only reason IE is still on my system is to run Windoze Update - if I can run it from FF, then Internet Exploder is history...
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
          Just out of interest how many of you guys use internet explorer and how many use firefox? and does anyone else use anything different?
          i had both but tbh firefox has a few nasty surpises of it's own, i now soley use ie7, no toolbars either, they are the spawn of lucifer himself.
          The benchmark....

Comment

This is my set-up, made it myself, the O/S is Cuprinol with Ronseal anti-virus!

Comment

What are you lot on about, firefox opera.com ie1 tab mover ie7 breaker over 10-4

Might as well be in Welsh, unless i was off school the day we covered that
              Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
                What are you lot on about, firefox opera.com ie1 tab mover ie7 breaker over 10-4

Might as well be in Welsh, unless i was off school the day we covered that
                Here is that sentence in Welsh!

Beth ach choelbren acha am firefox opera.com ie1 bwyntil chynigiwr ie7 don ar 10 - 4

Comment

Yup, just as i thought,still no idear??
                  Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
                    You need to install IE tab then.

http://ietab.mozdev.org/

This should let you log the MSDN stuff, as I can login to teh microsoft partner program from FF and also run Windows Update from FF.

Firefox is wonderful, as you can customise it with add-ons, and have it work the way you want.

Genius... just what I have always wanted.. Cheers for this
                    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Here is that sentence in Welsh!

Beth ach choelbren acha am firefox opera.com ie1 bwyntil chynigiwr ie7 don ar 10 - 4
                      jlkjf jhjdlssa hghg;kkk''a;;;; byyy wydd

Comment

Firefox