yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one interested in beefing up their lamps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one interested in beefing up their lamps ?

Are you interested in beefing up your spots / fogs / lightbars ?

I am looking into importing some 150w H3 bulbs which I can get for roughly $8 each including postage to the UK, anyone interested into coming in with me ?

With postage from here I would say it would cost you $10 per bulb (ie I get them then send yours onwards).

Drop me a line at surf@wanderlustonline.com if you are.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Before Matt pipes up with advice, I thought I'd jump in.

Make sure your wiring / relays can handle the extra oomph. Assuming you have 4 'standard' rooflights, you'll be looking at a rise from around 18A to around 50A! Not insignificant!

Also worth bearing in mind is whether you'll melt your lamps!

Could we see Trev, the agitator in 'Cellar' competitions, chased down there himself by a flaming ball of plastic?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      Before Matt pipes up with advice, I thought I'd jump in.

Make sure your wiring / relays can handle the extra oomph. Assuming you have 4 'standard' rooflights, you'll be looking at a rise from around 18A to around 50A! Not insignificant!

Also worth bearing in mind is whether you'll melt your lamps!

Could we see Trev, the agitator in 'Cellar' competitions, chased down there himself by a flaming ball of plastic?
      I had 2 spots running 100w bulbs, until one was changed into a duck pond !! so changing them and was thinking of beefing up the wattage for the pair (and moving the buggas up to lower the risk of drowning the new ones)

I'll add a silly question - can I run 3 driving lamps, or do they have to be in pairs ?

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        I had 2 spots running 100w bulbs, until one was changed into a duck pond !! so changing them and was thinking of beefing up the wattage for the pair (and moving the buggas up to lower the risk of drowning the new ones)

I'll add a silly question - can I run 3 driving lamps, or do they have to be in pairs ?

Trev

Pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev

Trev
          im no expert but following advice on here I wired my front spots indidually through seperate relays etc
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Pairs.
            Thought you could run any number? I've seen Minis and classic cars with 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Thought you could run any number? I've seen Minis and classic cars with 3.

He said driving lamps, it's different for spots.

Comment

Oh ok...

The line is blurred these days though. I've seen some lamps labelled as driving / spot lamps.

You'd be damned unlucky to be pulled over for it!

Agree in principle though. Three lamps on a Surf would look cack!

Comment

There are three types of auxillary lights, Spot, Driving and Fog, all have different beam patterns.
                  Most people refer to them all as fog lights! Idiots!

Comment

Driving lamps infers they'll be lit in conjunction with the main lights for road use. They have to be paired. If you were referring to the wiring side of things Trev, odds or evens, it's irrelevant.

Comment

You're starting to worry me Matt!

Comment

we never get fog down here in the a r s e of the country.
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          You're starting to worry me Matt!
                          What?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                            What?

You keep blurting out all this grown-up sounding advice!

Comment

Hey, dont take the heat off Trev! I predict melted lamps and a visit to the cellar!

Comment

Working...
                              X