Do I win a Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I win a Prize

I got my new Red surf on the 30th of Decmber.

About a week ago my radiator went, boiling water, warning lights etc.
    It got fixed under waranty, and returned to me on Thursday.

After driving it yesterday I noticed it was still running hot, and today have discovered that the head has gone.
    I've also lost the radiator cap somewhere in the engine because the steam shooting out of the engine blew it out of my hand.

Luckily enough it's all under waranty, and should be fixed within the week.

So, do I win a prize for having the head go within one month of getting the thing.

Also, a big thanks to Gil for fixing it within the warrantly, and a custard pie in the face of Hormygoloop who just yesterday said that most 2.4s are fine and I should be fine - the ****** jinx.

I'm sure we've had one go on the way back from the Dealers!

Its a good thing really, better to go now, than later when the warrentee is out.

I'd be disappointed at the dealer, not to spotted the head had gone, or even suspected and tested it after doing all that work, anyone who has sold more than a handfull of Surfs will know of the original heads will usually crack if they overheat.

You'll soon learn that everything Hormy says is arse about face! Just do the opposite of everything he says! (especially then offroading )

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      I'm sure we've had one go on the way back from the Dealers!

Its a good thing really, better to go now, than later when the warrentee is out.

I'd be disappointed at the dealer, not to spotted the head had gone, or even suspected and tested it after doing all that work, anyone who has sold more than a handfull of Surfs will know of the original heads will usually crack if they overheat.

You'll soon learn that everything Hormy says is arse about face! Just do the opposite of everything he says! (especially then offroading )

OI DIPSCHMUCK all I said to the guy was that for everyone who had a problem with the head there are a majority that have not.

So sharrup ya Basingstoke mafia woos and You can have yer pies back
      I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

No. Mine went within four days. The good thing is that the last two years have been trouble free.

Keith

Comment

IT'S NOT THE HEAD !

It was just another leak in the cooling system.
          The pressurized water in the system was just from the boiling water.

So, I now have mixed feelings about knowing the head is still sound, but knowing that it's not a new head so it still might go one day.

Oh well, fingers crossed and all that.

Comment

Working...
          X