Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day

Hi Guys & Girls

I haven't been on here for weeks, life has taken me over a bit lately.
    Due to health issues I have needed to change my job.
    Consequently, the Surf has gone from being a weekend toy to six days a week transport (I used to get picked up for work but now travel 20 miles each way). Anyway, with taking a pay cut and various other cr@p I can no longer afford to run my beloved truck and she has to go
    I've been and picked up a passat estate (diesel) today so its operation clean and hoover on the Surf tomorrow....
    So, although I will no doubt continue to 'look in' on the forum, its kinda good-bye. More importantly a huge thanks to all that have helped me in various ways over the last year or so. Special thanks to Tony & Linda and of course Nigel himself - cheers mate and keep up the good work.
    I have enjoyed owning, working on and driving the Surf immensly and hope it goes on to provide as much enjoyment for someone else.
    If you're gonna have one ...... have a good'un!

Sorry to hear you're letting it go. I'm sure you'll be back with one at some point though.

Comment

Good luck in the new job!
      Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Sorry you have been put in this position hope your health improves and you can one day get "Surfing" again!
        All the best
        Bobo

Comment

doesnt life just suck,sorry to hear the bad news phil,
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news Phil, keep in touch, once a surfer always a surfer.

All the best for the future.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

As im in a possible no JOB situation my wifes car would have to go 1st.
              My SURF is far too precious to get rid of
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments.
                I am not going to be in a hurry to place an advert anywhere for the Surf. I would love to just 'mothball' it for a while but I don't think I'll get away with that one with the wife for long!
                I am not actually unwell so to speak but have been told that I have 'significant sun damage' to the bridge of my nose. It is not skin cancer but could/would develope into it if I didn't change what I was doing. I was told to wear the white zinc sunblock every day between April & October whether its sunny, overcast or raining - or change my job to avoid the sun.
                This has happened to my nose despite me wearing sun cream during sunny periods plus applying a sunblock stick to my nose, ears and cheekbones during very warm weather. I considered going down the zinc sun block route but I sweat heavily and know that I would find it extremely difficult to keep it on. The guy reckons we are years behind the Aussies with our attitude towards the sun. It is stronger than ever before and sun related problems are on the increase so take care of yourselves - and your kids especially.
                So, I have taken the advice to the extreme and taken on a milk round!!
                As I said, less pay and travelling costs on top too but chin up!
                Marky, your comment made me smile mate - enough respect to you!
                We won't be getting rid of the wife's car though - she is entitled to a Motability car. We have paid extra and got a Renault Grande Scenic which is great. She was fortunate enough to survive primary bone cancer six years ago (she's now minus two ribs and a chunk of spine etc.) so we have perhaps reacted to my condition with more caution than others would.
                As I said, I'll keep looking in on you...

Comment

So, with the surf looking sorry for itself sitting on the drive and not going out to play the big question is how much do I ask?
                  I am open to suggestions here guys, please let me know what you think would be a realistic price 'to sell'.

Comment

Phil - sorry to hear you have to change your life this way - and it would be great if you could keep the Surf, but who knows, you may get another, one day.

Keep looking in and say hi!
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Gotta say- let your health come first- love the Surf but at the end of the day it's only a chunk of metal & plastic, which can be replaced at any time.

Comment

Cheers guys, but what I really want your opinions on now is what my baby is worth.
                        All suggestios gratefully received........

Comment

Originally posted by Phil her up
                          Cheers guys, but what I really want your opinions on now is what my baby is worth.
                          All suggestios gratefully received........
                          If you want a half decent amount avoid Ebay.

Best bet is to check autotraders website and magazine and see what there up sale for in there and then try and be competitive! But a 3.0ltr should be worth 3-3.7K of course all depending on condition

Comment

Working...
                          X