Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKY surf, speak, see

anybody got this package from sky?

£26 a month seems good and thats up to 8 meg, according to my neighbour thats with another ISP on there up to 8 meg service, hes getting 7.6 meg.

already paying 19.50 for sky and 18 for internet (1meg)

so looks like i dont have much to loose.

cheers scotty

Originally posted by scotty
    anybody got this package from sky?

£26 a month seems good and thats up to 8 meg, according to my neighbour thats with another ISP on there up to 8 meg service, hes getting 7.6 meg.

already paying 19.50 for sky and 18 for internet (1meg)

so looks like i dont have much to loose.

cheers scotty

You still have to pay BT for the line rental.

Comment

yea realise that vince,

but its free evening and weekend calls, up to an hour.

got to be cheaper than BT.

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
        yea realise that vince,

but its free evening and weekend calls, up to an hour.

got to be cheaper than BT.

cheers scotty

What ever fantastic offers you read about, they should mention in the small print that you still have to have a BT phone line, so you have to add that charge on top of the 'special' offers.

Comment

We were hoping to get this package when we move.

I went to check Sky's website to see if the area we're moving to is covered and unfortunately for the 8mb the area isn't covered. If I were you I'd check their website to see if your area is covered now or if it's likely to be.

Comment

i get unlimited usage each month so i don't think i will change especially with 2 kids on their computers connected thru mine and if the Mrs wants to go online aswell then i connect up the spare computer so the 40 a month will be no good for me
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

and if you want cheap calls get a tesco internet phone they are well cheap and if all your frinds and family get one aswell the calls are free for as lomg as you like and all calls to mobiles are 10p per min excluding 3G network for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by spooky
                and if you want cheap calls get a tesco internet phone
                Nah, you still have to pay tescos just get skype, its free & use your speakers & a mic
                Onwards Binky

Comment

BT option 3 is £26 for upto 8meg unlimited use...
                  free evening and weekend calls and new customers get the hub phone for free.
                  depends on your area and distance from the exchange how fast you'll get, but all suppliers will do it the same speed... they estimate me to be cabable of 5meg... so more than double the 2meg i get now.
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

yeh but i dont like the owners of skype and tesco to tesco is free and the rest of the normal calls are cheaper and its pay as you go aswell

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      What ever fantastic offers you read about, they should mention in the small print that you still have to have a BT phone line, so you have to add that charge on top of the 'special' offers.
                      That`s begining to change now, if you have a land line with the carphone warehous, then you pay the line rental to them and not BT

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...TATIC.LINERENT

I`ve tried sky, and it`s not avaliable here yet either.Apparantly they have to install there own gear in the telephone exchange for it to work!!
                      Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Mc
                        Nah, you still have to pay tescos just get skype, its free & use your speakers & a mic
                        I use VoIP cheap - and its a better service and lower costs than Skype
                        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                          BT option 3 is £26 for upto 8meg unlimited use...
                          free evening and weekend calls and new customers get the hub phone for free.
                          depends on your area and distance from the exchange how fast you'll get, but all suppliers will do it the same speed... they estimate me to be cabable of 5meg... so more than double the 2meg i get now.
                          I upgraded to BT Total Broadband, and have had no end of problems, not least dealing with customer support (India). I regularly have to reset the Hub. I spent a week without internet, after the equipment in the exchange failed and all the support staff wanted to know was what operating system I was running. I'm now just waiting for the contract to end, and I'll go to anyone.
                          At the moment the Sky deal looks good, cause I've got Sky so should reduce some of the bills, but Sky haven't got to my area yet.
                          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                          X