Redundancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy

Ive been for a Meeting today with my Manager to discuss the possibility that my position within the Company (UNISYS) is at risk.

I work on the DELL Computer contract & have been for the last 8 Years for this Company Previously to that i worked for DEC (Digital) on the same Contract up until Compaq bought them out. DELL pulled the plug as they were a rival. In all i have worked with DELL for 10 Years. Laptops, Desktops & Servers. I am DELL DCSE Certified and ESF Certified on there Servers & Storage. They are still keeping the Contractors on.

Just as i was getting my head together after the loss of my Father & this Happens.
    Aint Life a Bitch!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Sorry to hear that Marky . I'd get on to whoever supplies the contractors if I were you .

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
      Sorry to hear that Marky . I'd get on to whoever supplies the contractors if I were you .
      No more positions im afraid
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

bad news mark.i would hate to be in the postion where i was stuck in one
        job,as you know i'm a contracter in the building game and the way i work
        it seams that i am working for a different company every few months.but as a bit of advice i tend to find there are lots of jobs around if you look hard,and probably better ones, so chin up and get looking
        colin

Comment

$$$$$$ POLES nicked em all
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            $$$$$$ POLES nicked em all
            there is that but in the building game we tend to find that there are not very
            good couse they dont speak good english and the instructions form the gaffer get confussed and expensive mishaps happen
            colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin timney
              there is that but in the building game we tend to find that there are not very
              good couse they dont speak good english and the instructions form the gaffer get confussed and expensive mishaps happen
              colin
              That seams to be happening too much lately.
              Tell AMANDA i can give her the £5 massage next week if she's free
              Ive got to earn it some how
              TREV does it on the side 19:09 UDTrev Private Massageing
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                That seams to be happening too much lately.
                Tell AMANDA i can give her the £5 massage next week if she's free
                Ive got to earn it some how
                TREV does it on the side 19:09 UDTrev Private Massageing
                i'll send her down then
                colin

Comment

Ha! Tell me about it. I'm a time served fitter and worked through a 5 year apprenticeship and attended college during that time to achieve this.

A few years ago my company decided it would be more cost effective to have us run the machines as well as maintaining them. They also brought in contractors to do planned maintenance work.

It's been a disaster from day one. We spend most of our time away from the machines, which leaves the other guys short crewed, repairing the stuff the contractors were supposed to fix!

This all came about when experienced engineering guys were replaced by 'kids' fresh out of university who have never had a spanner in their hands. One of them once asked me if I could drill half a hole at the edge of another hole! I had to explain that he wanted it slotted. Another one told me a conveyor was running badly because the pointy wheel (sprocket) had worn points!
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

The good side of it is, Ive got a lot of Customers whom i know very well so i'll be busy next week
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

So is it the admin side of things that you do, Jessie? If so, and I were you, I'd seriously think about trying to contract to small businesses.

Comment

Mark

I'm sorry to hear about that, I hate to see/hear this kind of thing happen. Send me your CV, while I can't promise anything, my firm has a huge number of Dell laptops and servers in use globally, although HP won the supply contract for this financial year. If I can't find something, I'll send it on to some friends and IBM, their contract agency and Fujitsu.

send it to andrew.griffiths@accenture.com

Like I said, I can't promise anything will happen, but worth a shot, right?
                        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

or.......

you could see if linda could do with a break and work for tonyn and get his computer sorted so he answers his emails!!

not that i have emailed him just going on what i have read here!!!
                          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Good luck Marky,

If I hear of anything else coming up in that neck of the woods will let you know.

Trev
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this Mark, hope you sort summat out soon, its the same all over, all about money, no such thing a employer loyalty, there not happy to make a decent profiet, they got to screw as much as possible out of it and if that means $hitting on a long serving employee then ther got no hesitation, Simons just jacked in his it managers job because of all the f**king about and low money, his mate with the same qualifications is on three times as much as him, county councils aint the best payers, their talking about setting up their own business when he gets back (end of the year), Good luck mate
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X