yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Load cover bracket mounting, pics please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load cover bracket mounting, pics please?

I've just got a rear load cover, and have managed to work out how to fix the brackets to the truck to mount the actual cover, but am confused as to how to fix the smaller brackets at the rear of the truck (the ones that hold the cover in the 'covered' position).

Behind the panel, there are two 'little square holes' that the grommet goes into, to accept the screw, to hold the bracket on, but I'm uncertain as to which hole I should be using (the rear bracket is only held with one screw). Also unsure as to the shape of the hole I need to cut out of the panel.

Any chance someone with a factory fitted load cover could remove one (or both) of the rear brackets, and take a pic of the fixings, so I can have a look?

Cheers guys!!
    It just does, OK?

Careful as theres wires behind the side lining. These are the only pics ive got
    There are proper holes near the back seats but you'll need to measure someones to be exact or remove linings.
    Last edited by marky; 14 February 2007, 20:15.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Careful as theres wires behind the side lining. These are the only pics ive got
      There are proper holes near the back seats but you'll need to measure someones to be exact or remove linings.
      I think he means the other end!
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins
        I had to guess those as i could'nt find any fixings & use large diameter self tappinp short screws.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Not the first time someone has said that to a 3rd genner.

Comment

Yeah, it's the rear end I'm after, so to speak!!
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
              I've just got a rear load cover, and have managed to work out how to fix the brackets to the truck to mount the actual cover, but am confused as to how to fix the smaller brackets at the rear of the truck (the ones that hold the cover in the 'covered' position).

Behind the panel, there are two 'little square holes' that the grommet goes into, to accept the screw, to hold the bracket on, but I'm uncertain as to which hole I should be using (the rear bracket is only held with one screw). Also unsure as to the shape of the hole I need to cut out of the panel.

Any chance someone with a factory fitted load cover could remove one (or both) of the rear brackets, and take a pic of the fixings, so I can have a look?

Cheers guys!!
              These any good
              Trust your Hound.

Comment

Yeah, it's the rear end I'm after, so to speak!!
                You'll be gettin' him all excited now.

Comment

These any good
                  Marvellous, thanks.

So, by the looks of it, there's a small metal bracket behind the trim? Hope not, cos I haven't got that part!!
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

Marvellous, thanks.

So, by the looks of it, there's a small metal bracket behind the trim? Hope not, cos I haven't got that part!!
                    that bracket should already be there Dave
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      that bracket should already be there Dave
                      Don't think so.
                      I even had to go to Toyota and buy the little grommet's that fit into the square holes, that the screws bite into. If that bracket is solely for the load cover bracket, I can't believe that it would be there unnecessarily..
                      It just does, OK?

Comment

Don't think so.
                        I even had to go to Toyota and buy the little grommet's that fit into the square holes, that the screws bite into. If that bracket is solely for the load cover bracket, I can't believe that it would be there unnecessarily..
                        Im afraid they might be. My Surf has the brackets in the back and it has a little metal bracket that sticks right out of that hole, My previous surf didnt have brackets and it had no metal bracket....it looks like a simple enough construction though! its just a lil bit of bent metal....im sure someone could make something up for you!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                          Im afraid they might be. My Surf has the brackets in the back and it has a little metal bracket that sticks right out of that hole, My previous surf didnt have brackets and it had no metal bracket....it looks like a simple enough construction though! its just a lil bit of bent metal....im sure someone could make something up for you!
                          Yeah, probably. If someone could let me see one or take some measurements!!
                          It just does, OK?

Comment

Yeah, probably. If someone could let me see one or take some measurements!!
                            Il try and measure it for you either later or tomorrow ive got all the panels out the back of my surf at the moment so its easy to get access!

Comment

Cheers guys!!
                              I have a feeling but could be wrong that the two little square holes you see are where the bracket fits to.
                              Trust your Hound.

Comment

Working...
                              X