Sunroof Replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof Replacement.

Did a search but can't find anything relating to this query.

Got the Surf back from the paint shop late last night so didn't get a chance to have a good look around it.

Gave it a good wash and polish this morning and it looked great. Took it out for a spin and noticed that the headline cover for the sunroof was closed, which is unusual as I always have it slid back. Pulled back the cover and to my horror saw a crack in the sunroof glass!

Took it back to the paint shop and although they didn't admit liability they said they would pay for and fit glass if I could get it 2nd hand.

Not an ideal solution but better than a flat refusal to replace it.

So the question is can you get just the glass or is it a glass and metal surround replacement or a full sunroof?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by Copycat
    Did a search but can't find anything relating to this query.

Got the Surf back from the paint shop late last night so didn't get a chance to have a good look around it.

Gave it a good wash and polish this morning and it looked great. Took it out for a spin and noticed that the headline cover for the sunroof was closed, which is unusual as I always have it slid back. Pulled back the cover and to my horror saw a crack in the sunroof glass!

Took it back to the paint shop and although they didn't admit liability they said they would pay for and fit glass if I could get it 2nd hand.

Not an ideal solution but better than a flat refusal to replace it.

So the question is can you get just the glass or is it a glass and metal surround replacement or a full sunroof?
    Don't know the answer to your question but I have the sunroof in my old 2.4 that I'm breaking you can have it for £50 and I would give you a bill for what ever you wanted it to cost them
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
      Don't know the answer to your question but I have the sunroof in my old 2.4 that I'm breaking you can have it for £50 and I would give you a bill for what ever you wanted it to cost them
      Thanks for the offer mate but I'll hang on for a while. My Surf is a 1995 3 ltr SSRX model so I need to be absolutely sure that what I finally end up buying will fit.

Looking to eventually find something around the same year 1994 - 1995.

The crack isn't too bad but it wasn't there before it went in for the roof sprayed.

Comment

I'm pretty sure jotto's would fit.

isn't agreeing to pay for and fit the replacement as good as admitting liability, if they knew it wasn't them I doubt they would ever do that.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
          I'm pretty sure jotto's would fit.

isn't agreeing to pay for and fit the replacement as good as admitting liability, if they knew it wasn't them I doubt they would ever do that.
          I would have said yes. They said they couldn't understand how it could happen but didn't say they hadn't done it. The Surf was in for the roof and sunroof cutout sprayed so it's possible someone just put their hand on the sunroof glass to support themselves while it was open and the pressure caused the crack. It's easily done I suppose.

They did a great job of the respray at a very reasonable price and were very decent about it when I went back to point out the damage. I didn't expect them to admit liability as long as they were prepared to resolve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
            Thanks for the offer mate but I'll hang on for a while. My Surf is a 1995 3 ltr SSRX model so I need to be absolutely sure that what I finally end up buying will fit.

Looking to eventually find something around the same year 1994 - 1995.

The crack isn't too bad but it wasn't there before it went in for the roof sprayed.
            I dont know what you are hanging on for, youve just been made a very generous offer and might end up waiting a long time till you get another. Cracks only get bigger you know, are you waiting until it leaks on to you?

If its a factory fit and Jottos is a factory fit, it will fit yours.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Jottos will fit, grab it quick, they are hard to find.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                I dont know what you are hanging on for, youve just been made a very generous offer and might end up waiting a long time till you get another. Cracks only get bigger you know, are you waiting until it leaks on to you?

If its a factory fit and Jottos is a factory fit, it will fit yours.

Bogus
                Thanks for the advice (I think?)

But the way you've worded it looks like what my dad or old schoolteacher would have said to me when I was a kid.

I'm more than capable of making my own decisions, thanks. What I was looking for were replies like Jottos and Tonys.

No offence taken or implied by the way, it's just a me thing.
                Last edited by Scorpion; 14 February 2007, 14:02.

Comment

Working...
                X