Weirdo lurker says hi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdo lurker says hi.

Thought I should say hi so you don't think I'm a weirdo for lurking for 2 years

A couple of years ago I had a Samurai toy which was fun for laning and pay days but no good as a daily driver.

Then I had the opportunity to go to New Zealand and looked into a bigger truck that I could drive every day. That Top Gear Hilux was in my mind so I joined here and Yotatech to read up on them. I had it in my head that I wanted a 3rd gen but once I got on the forecourts in Chch the Mitsy Challenger seemed a better truck and much better value, so I bought one

Unfortunately work opportunities were $$$$, I'd been sold a life of milk and honey but lived on bread and water so came back after 6 months. I didn't leave the UK to run away from things, I went for an adventure and certainly had that. But then it was time to work and the UK is great for that opportunity.

Things were a bit tight then and I couldn't justify a 4x4, but we've been back a year now and getting straight again, exchange house contracts tomorrow so will have a home again

So now I'm missing having a 4x4 and I can justify it because I deserve one I want what I should have got in NZ, a clean fresh import 2nd gen to have for keeps, so back here for more info. There's a little matter of a Saab 9-5 that I need to break to make space for the Surf, but should get that sorted over the next two months.

So I haven't lurked for 2 years, I just got back on here and thought I should say hi
    Wax on, wax off

hi and welcome back Fordy.At least you've seen the light and are going to get a decent motor.I looked at the challengers while looking for a 4x4 but after seeing my first surf and test driving i wasn't prepared to spend out on the mitsi so i waited and got the surf
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

welcome back fordy people learn the hard way
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Its about time too
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Welcome back. Glad you've seen the light.

Comment

Hi Mate,

Nice 2nd post. Only took you 2 years.....

Can I ask what you did in NZ?

I am also a Milton keynes geezer. I'm from Stony. Only live in Didcot as I got a job in Thatcham after coming out the Army.

Comment

Hi Fordy and welcome.

Comment

Welcome back to the madhouse - you have a way to go to catch Vince on posts...
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

hi mate, theres a couple of those challengers around our way, not keen on them at all, look like them diawoo sanyong musso things, get a 2nd gen, in red of course all the best.
                  The benchmark....

Comment

Welcome!!, 2 years eh! that makes me the new boy then, well your out of the closet now, Forums!!! i just steamed right in there and bought the high powered 2.4 escargot, goes like $hit off a blanket
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Odd... I thought being a Weirdo was a requirement for joining.. there are certainly enough around...

Welcome Fordy!! Get thyself a nice 3.0 2nd Gen and have fun!!
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                        Can I ask what you did in NZ?
                        Not a lot, that was the problem. I'm a quantity surveyor, on the demand list everywhere there but that didn't translate into work
                        I'm snowed under with work now.

I am also a Milton keynes geezer. I'm from Stony. Only live in Didcot as I got a job in Thatcham after coming out the Army.
                        I grew up round there, went to school at Watling Way in Galley Hill and Radcliffe in Wolverton.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody
                        Wax on, wax off

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
                          Not a lot, that was the problem. I'm a quantity surveyor, on the demand list everywhere there but that didn't translate into work
                          I'm snowed under with work now.

I grew up round there, went to school at Watling Way in Galley Hill and Radcliffe in Wolverton.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody

Bl**dy Hell.

I lived (parents still do) a stones throw away from you.

I went to school at St Mary and St Giles and the Radcliffe too, the old part.

I lived in Malletts Close. Lived there all my life until I went into the Army. Where do you drink?

The Crown used to be my local until it went down hill, then I used to go to the Fox and Hounds. Also go to the Cock, the Bull, Vaults, White Horse, White Swan (now gone) the Foresters now and again and the Plough.

Damn, am I an alcoholic?

Comment

Damn, am I an alcoholic?
                            Um........

Yes.

Comment

LOL

I went to the new school.

We moved to Woburn Sands when I was 15/16 so Stony wasn't a regular den, although I've had a few in all of the above My parents are now in Old Stratford.

I'm in Downhead Park now but moving Willen next week, as the Ship Ashore isn't the best it'll be a 20 minute walk into Woolstone and the Barge Inn.
                              Wax on, wax off

Comment

Working...
                              X