right indicator beeping????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right indicator beeping????

OK Ive got 3.0 SSRX and my right indicator has started emitting a beeping sound from the rear speakers (as well as the normal click-click click-click)

Im guessing towbar?
    I do have a towbar, and I have been driving in a lot of wet weather recently

any suggestions where to start - I was going to start spraying things with WD40.

Originally posted by murphcbr6
    OK Ive got 3.0 SSRX and my right indicator has started emitting a beeping sound from the rear speakers (as well as the normal click-click click-click)

Im guessing towbar?
    I do have a towbar, and I have been driving in a lot of wet weather recently

any suggestions where to start - I was going to start spraying things with WD40.
    Yep towbar electrics.....Give the plug a good clean out and pack with grease
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

my towbar electrics are packed with mud but no beeping!! (not sure they work never towed anything and dont think i will be either!)
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

now that I come to think of it...

I also get a beep when I put it in reverse - Im assuming this is standard though?

apologies for the off-topic, but someone also mentioned that you can disable the auto lock mechanism when you start the engine?

Comment

its definitely the towbar

fortunately im fairly sure its the towbar socket at fault - it looks like theres a short at the back - so im just going to buy a new socket and wire it in

does anyone have a wiring diagram? is it standard on the hilux?

Comment

Working...
          X